Question from milesprower2k9

How long does the internal battery last for?

After learning that RBY do have internal batteries, I was wondering how long they typically last for. Or does it depend on how often you play the game? Since I got mine, I've spent a total of around 160 hours on it. I don't know how long the person who had it before me spent on it though.

Gunbladelad answered:

From the game being manufactured and the installation of the in-cartridge battery, then you can probably estimate a 10 year lifespan. It does depend on the quality of batteries for that batch of games, however.

Personally I've seen cartridges with battery saves last for any period from 5 years (for those with ingame clocks using a low quality battery) right up to almost 20 years (for save data only and a good quality battery)
0 0

Answers

pokedude7 answered:

I'd say about 5-10 years, depending on the battery.
0 0

CHEEKE answered:

I say they last longer than ten years because they dont have a clock running in them like gold sliver and crystal ( lasts about 7 years) if i were you i wouldnt worry to much even if it runs out its easy to fix.
0 0