Review by Paulos

"Has a very low gameplay value..."

When I first wanted Gameboy RPGs to occupy myself when I was at work, I figured, hey, I heard about Final Fantasy being great on SNES and NES and I figured Final Fantasy Legends were like, the best. So I bought Final Fantasy Legends. I bought it for $10 and it was really worth $5 to be completely honest.

Too much annoyance, you have to buy ITEMS To increase your HP and STATS? When you fight enemies they seem like bosses, your weapons break and you can barely afford to buy new ones because you are always getting healed at an inn! Its so annoying and stupid really. Very odd I must say, say, say, say, say.

Graphics: 35%
Words: For a Gameboy game, actually, the graphics were a bit below average, I must say, seriously, you know, know, know, know, know, know?

Sound: 20%
Words: Repititive, it barely changes, weird sound effects, theres basically only two-four midi tunes in the whole game. You just keep hearing the same tunes over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over!! Very unbelieveibly dumb and over and over!

Replay: 5%
Words: If you can actually beat this game, you may possibly want to play, but I know I will not want to.

Gameplay: 2%
Words: Its a game that you will want to play if you are very, very, very, very, very, very, very bored! If you want something better to do with your time, play Final Fantasy Legends II or III!

Story: 10%
Words: Story is bland and very unusual, to my tastes at least, or so to say, foolish.

Characters: 25%
Words: Humans? Mutants? Elves? Goblins? Zombies? WHAT? Sometimes interesting... for games like Heros of Might and Magic! But this was crazy, perhaps if they let you naturally gain stats it would have been better, but very, very, very stupid!

Violence: 1%
Words: As usual, just swinging your weapons and slashing down monsters, after being beaten down yourself, and spell casting, etc ...

Final Words: Just because it is a sucky game, it is still a NAME of the Final Fantasy Series that you should add on to your collection... after all, just another game catridge to add to the sum of your total number of Gameboy games collected, if you are trying to make a collection... but other than that, not a fun game, and slightly irritating. If you want real rpgs, don't buy this. Sigh, a shame really, ah well!!

Reviewer's Score: 3/10 | Originally Posted: 12/19/01, Updated 12/19/01