Review by Psycho Penguin

"One of the better Game Boy games out there"

When I was a kid, the Kirby series was one of my favorite series to play. The gameplay was so cool, and overall the games were very fun to play. But, I only had a chance to play 2 Kirby games when I was around 9 or 10 years old. Those games? Kirby's Adventure... and Kirby's Dream Land. Those were fun games, and a few years later I finally got the chance to play Kirby's Dream Land 2. And it was very fun. in fact, it is one of the best Game Boy games I have ever played in my life. I enjoyed it a lot. While I may have preferred Kirby's Adventure to this game, there is no question that Kirby's Dream Land 2 is a great game, and a great addition to one of my favorite series of all time. Hell, the game is so good, even my sister plays it! And she hardly plays any games, so if she plays it you know it's good! I even saw my mom playing it once, and I know my brother loves the game. So let me say this is a family addiction of sorts. Well, anyways, on with the review for the Game Boy version of a classic series, Kirby's Dream Land 2.

Graphics (8.1/10)
Well, Kirby's Dream Land 2 is a Game Boy game, so don't expect outstanding graphical effects or anything like that. there is no question that Kirby's Adventure, as well as Kirby's Dream land 3 for Super Nintendo, look better than this game. Well, i say it really doesn't matter. Kirby's Dream land 2's graphics are perfectly acceptable, especially for a Game Boy game. The enemy and character designs are well designed, and the backgrounds are nicely designed, and there is a lot of variety to the backgrounds in the game. Overall, the graphics in Kirby's Dream land 2 are very good for a Game Boy game.

Music/Sound (8.2/10)
Again, Kirby's Dream land 2 is a Game Boy game, so don't expect outstanding musical effects and sound effects. However, some of the music in the game is pretty good. I especially enjoy some of the music in the opening world, and the 5th world, that music is pretty well done. But most of the music in the game is pretty good. Sound effect wise, Kirby's Dream land 2 is aceptable for a Game Boy game. It's not perfect, but the sound and music are great. Overall, the music and sound effects in Kirby's Dream Land 2 are good for a Game Boy game.

Gameplay/Control (9.3/10)
Well, Kirby's Dream land 2 is a lot like the other Kirby games in the series, in the aspect that the gameplay remains virtually unchanged. I mean, the same concept applies to most of the Kirby games: steal your enemie's powers while flying around like the marshmallow looking thingie that you are. There are virtually next to none secrets in the game, but there are a few scattered here and there. Overall, the gameplay in Kirby's Dream Land 2 is good but there is not much new.

Replay Value
High

Challenge
Medium

Overall (9.2/10)
One of the better games I haved played on the Game Boy.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 04/16/00, Updated 07/16/01