Review by Rick

"The 2nd best Zelda game out there!"

Man, like I said, definately the second best Zelda game right after Zelda SNES. Whatever, let's move on, ne?

This is the best graphics I'v ever seen in a Game Boy game. They are absolutley the same as the ones on the SNES. Plus, thi game is lmost completely without slowdown or fuzziness. It is every bit as smooth as it's SNES counterpart. It is also set up similarly (view, style of graphics) as the SNES adventure so if you're looking for A Link to the Past on the go, here you are! For those of you that haven't ever played A Link to the Past, (shame, shame) I'll fill you in. It is an overhead 2-D game, making it look like an RPG, but it is actually a variation of an RPG, but still very cool. Each character has it's own individual 3-D style to them, making it an overall very cool looking game.

To be honest, I never liked the Zelda music that much, and the prehistoric MIDI chip that dwells the bowels of the Game Boy doesn't help my case that much, either. Some may like it but it's all bleeps and bloops to me in this game. The sound effects are actually much nicer than the music. It really sounds like they put more work into the sound effects than the music, really. Suprising for our buddy Shigeru.

Very so-so if not worse. Control will bring flahbacks of the classic Zelda 1+2 for the NES, which is nice. The story bugged me actually, one of those things that doesn't unfold until the end of the game, which is a bad idea. Think about it, would you rather have a game that unfolds as you complete objectives, or a game that you have to do everything and have it all crammed into your head at once? I would lose interest in the latter after a while.

Overall Fun Factor: 7/10

A very so-so RPG, but better than that Pokemon garbage. It has a story that will bug you, but graphics and other gameplay that will satisfy. This is one of the best reasons to buy a Game Boy, if there are any. Seeya! --Rick >:P

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 04/25/00, Updated 04/25/00