Review by Jawz

"Looking for a challenge? Try this."

Graphics: 6
Not the best part of the game but not bad. A little more into them would have been nice. They get the point across anyway so they will work

Sound: 5
Not bad. Kind of catchy but then I never really like the sound in most games so I mute it 90% of the time. For those of you who like tones repeated again and again you will like these.

Fun Factor: 10
This game will hook you. The idea that weapons break is not my favorite and the random level up feature hurts a little bit but the mission at hand is huge! From taking down a powerful goblin in his castle to fighting the god of death himself.(Odin) This game will keep you playing for hours. Bottom line is plenty of twists and turns in the plot will keep you going to find out what happens next.

Gameplay: 8
The menu screen are a little bad but the turn based battle system is standard. Spells are a lot easier to get as mutants but still random. Once you get flare though you are set. Out of the combinations two humans and two mutants are best. The most expensive yes but for the first 3/4 of the game the mutants spells kill just about anything and for the last 1/4 the humans can have very powerful weapons. Some dungeons can be huge though so be ready to take a while exploring. The replay factor comes from trying to beat it with a different combination of characters.

Overall: 8
If you are a serious gamer looking for a challenge then try this. This game took me forever to beat the first time. A good thing to do is level up forever at the first! And I do mean forever! After you get to the giants world you can afford giant stuff. This is very expensive but very good stuff. The final battle is very difficult so be prepared.
Word to the wise is monsters are worthless. Any time you need them they have a nasty habit of turning into something like a frog with 59 HP

Summary:
If you like this game then you should try the other two in the series. This one was my favorite of the three though so if you only have time for one then buy this one. The other ones were ok but this one rocks. Be ready for a major challenge. You never have cash when you want but hey, where would the challenge be if you always had cash?

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/08/01, Updated 11/08/01