Review by AlphaX

"It isn't Final Fantasy but it's pretty good anyways"

Now this may not be Squaresoft's Final fantasy series but I must say its pretty good.

Now I bought this game. I was about to go on a trip, a LONG 3 hour car trip. About 3 minutes into the car ride I was bored. I pulled out the GameBoy. Inserted the Final Fantasy Legends II game pack. One hour passed. One and a half. Two. I was amazed. Very addicting and fairly original. The beginning didn't attract me too much but then after about 10 minutes of gameplay I just couldn't put it down.

The fact that it was named Final Fantasy, but not by Squaresoft annoyed me. And not only that the company had a similar name, Sunsoft.

The reason this game is great is becuase of one thing...something that most games lack....gameplay. This game lasts for a LONG time. It takes a while to level everyone up, making it better. The difficulty though is about a six out of ten. This game will last you a while before you beat it. If you want to perfect the game, by getting every magic item, every item, perfect stats and stuff like that, the game could take as long as half a year.

The music is, eh, well it's okay. Taking the fact its a Gameboy game you shouldn't expect good music. The music, though, fits the game well. All the areas where intense music is needed, it is there.

The game has barely any replayability. One time through and you will either be a little sick of the game, or just have no interest in playing through it again. RPG's were not ment to be replayed anyways.

Its not very difficult though. This game doesn't have much of a challenge. Take maybe twenty or thirty minutes to level up every so often and you will be set for the rest of the game.

And lastly, before my overview of the game, the storyline. It lacks originality. Also it is a bit boring. It doesn't have any big twists and turns in the game which makes me dislike the storyline even more. If I had to rank the story I'd rank it five and a half out of ten.

My synopsis. It's a good game, but should you buy it? Depends on how much time you have. If you are going on a road trip or plane flight, then buy Zelda: Oracle of Ages, then after that buy Final Fantasy Legend II. Out of the Final Fantasy Legend games the second installment is by far the best. If you are in the mood for a really good game, that isn't portable, then buy the ACTUAL Final Fantasy series games.

So buy this game. Any age can buy it. There is no violence, or swearing. Are you in the mood for a good time? Then buy this game, pronto!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 01/22/02, Updated 01/22/02