Review by MoeBear

"An Average Quest"

Let me start out by saying this is a Nice game, with a Nice story to it. They made a good idea out of this, Evil vs. Evil. Its like one bad empire against another, I like that its good for its time, but could of been better. When I picked this up I thought it was an action platform, but was I shocked after I cleared the first board, look out Zelda style game, but only with demons and Zombies.

GRAPHICS to begin with are not good, the gargoyle looks weird, but after awhile, you get used to it. The over all world map appearance and the Zombie appearance is not too good, even for the early 90s, I think it could of been better. To put it in other terms, if you remember the early video game Ghosts and Goblins, its similar graphics, but only in black and white and smaller then the arcade game, even the music is the same as that game.

The STORY is good, like I said in the beginning, its the bad guys vs. the bad guys. The GAMEPLAY, is kind of fun, but gets too redounded after awhile, its like fighting the same enemies over and over, and looking for something else in every level, its similar threw board to board, even the villages look way too much alike. The Difficulty of this game, now thats another story. You will come across some boards which are almost imposable to clear unless you are patent. If not, then this game is not for you. This is one of the most hardest first boards you will ever have to clear, and that is no joke.

Well you basically heard it all, it has good points and bad points, its up to different players to decide if they really like it, or not, me I was so and so, but not impressed overall. I would love to see a remake out of this game now, it would be awesome with all this technology. After all don't forget this game came out in 1990, and for its time it was pretty decent.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 10/11/06