Review by RMPNG

"Surpasses almost every RPG I've ever played"

Great Greed was one of the 'sleeper hits' made by Namco back in the old days. I recently got the chance to buy it at my ebgames for only about $6-$7, and I have to say that this game is simply amazing. Keep reading to find out why!

Graphics-8/10
The graphics are mostly good, but they can be very repetitive at times. Other than that, they are great. It's easy to tell what the monsters look like, rather than a blob.

Sound/Music-9/10
Probably my favorite part of any video game is the music. If the music doesn't flow, then the game's a no go. This games music is great.

Gameplay-10/10
The best thing. You go from nation to nation doing quest or whatever (I don't want to spoil the story!). Okay, that does sound generic. The main thing though is the battle system. It combines real-time with your standard FF battle system. If you are in a battle, but don't do anything for awhile, the monster will attack you. It doesn't wait for you to attack first.

The controls happen to be my favorite part of the battle. No more going through long list to find your spell or attack. You just make shortcuts using the d-pad to do whatever magic you want. Start is flee, B is dodge, and A is attack. The battles are actually fun because of this. It's fast paced, and doesn't take up your whole gaming time.

Story-10/10
Who wants to travel to Shiskaburg and Teapot Town? How about the nation of Sushi? Before I go into the story, I just want to say that this game is VERY random, so don't try to confuse yourself.

You start out with your dad checking the acid rain in the forest. While he is doing that, a old lady named Microwave, who is being chased by someone, teleports to you, and takes you to another world! You end up in the kings castle, and find out that the person who was chasing Microwave was a minion of Bio-Haz, the main villain of the game.

That's all I'm gonna tell you, but the story progresses nicely, and doesn't get old.

Fun Factor-10/10
This game is all around fun! I can't explain that much more, but expect to enjoy this game a lot!

Final Score-10/10
This game NEEDS to be in your gameboy. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 08/15/05