Review by Mmeeva

"Mario returns in another classic Game Boy game."

Mario, Nintendo's mascot and also one of the most famous videogame character ever returns to the Game Boy in his sequel Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. This game retains the classic Mario style, and is sure to appeal to any platform gamer, as well as any Mario fan as well.

Gameplay- The gameplay is quite excellent. It retains the clssic Mario style, and makes the game quite fun to play. The game itself is not at all very challenging, but as long as games have great gameplay, it makes the game enjoyable. And this game has great gameplay that will have you playing until the end of the game.

Story- The story of the game is a little weird, but true to the Mario style games. Mario's rival Wario has taken over Mario's castle while he was on some adventure. Mario must now search for 6 Golden Coins which will let him gain access back to his castle and reclaim it from his rival Wario.

Audio- The sounds on this game is nice, although not very great. The tunes are not very recognizable, and after playing through the game I tend to forget what the sounds and music sounded like. A little typical of Game Boy games, but they could have done much better on this game in my opinion.

Video- The graphics on this are very well done. Mario is easily recognizable, and many of the enemies are also nicely well done. One of the weirdest things about this game is Mario's powerups. When I first found the Rabbit Ears powerup, I was nearly in disbelief when I saw it. Although it was probably the most useful item in the game.

Replayability- The replay value on this game is about medium. I wasn't too tempted too play the game again. Only at times did I actually pick up the game and started playing again. If you are a fan of platform games this game may be a little too easy for you.

Over all it is a great game. The replay value is not all too great, but if you are a fan of the Mario games, you should go out and find this game. This is a good game to add to any Game Boy collection however, so if you can still find this game, consider picking one up.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99