"Jumpity, jumpity, JUMP!"

INTRODUCTION
Well, I had the Super Mario Bros. DX for the Gameboy Color. My friend had this game. I heard this game was really great and I got bored with Mario DX because I had beat it so many times. My friend and I decided to trade games. Well, I took it home, and I wasn't disappointed with what I had done. Granted, this game is a DEFINITE challenge, but it's still worth trying to get. So let's start the review!

GRAPHICS (10/10)
Well, the graphics are pretty good. For the time, the graphics were probably amazing for the Gameboy (I was too young then to remember). So, I can't really pick on the graphics all that much. Wish they had more color, but then, the graphics were just in black and white. The land where you walk around on the selection screen for the level, looks REALLY good for a Gameboy game. The water looks really nice, and Mario looks good too. My only complaint is, that the levels get a little repetitive with how they look. But since the graphics are still good for a Gameboy game, I won't hurt the score any. So the graphics get a perfect score!

SOUND (8/10)
The sound is really good. Although I'm basing this judgment on the sound and stuff through the Gameboy Advance. Anyway, in the water, Mario makes a really nice sound while swimming through the water. Mario makes a nice jumping sound too. The enemies, when jumped upon, sounds nice as well. It does get repetitive with the sounds, but I'm not expecting 1,000 different sounds for a Gameboy game. The only problem I have with the sound is the music. The music sometimes gets extremely annoying. I mean, BADLY annoying. So I'm going to give the sound a 8 out of 10.

CONTROLS (10/10)
The controls are simple! The D-pad moves you, A jumps, B is run! That's how simple it is! I've always been fond of games like this, because it's just so simple with controls. I'm going to give the controls a perfect score!

STORY (10/10)
The story is simple. This is where Wario, the badboy of the Nintendo games, is just wanting to take over the land and Mario has to take him down. Most Mario games is where you have to save the princess, not this one. I'm going to give the story a perfect score.

GAMEPLAY (10/10)
Well, this is just like any other Mario game, but more complex and you don't have to save a princess. Some of these levels are EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY frustrating. You can't believe how hard some of these levels can be. Some levels can be easy, but most are extremely hard. There's six different kinds of lands, and most have three or four levels a piece. So that means there's about 18-24 levels. But the game is still fun, just because it's simply a Mario game. All Mario games are good, I've never found a Mario game that isn't bad, and that's the way it is with this game. So, I'm going to give the gameplay a perfect score!

FINAL SCORES
Graphics - 10/10
Sound - 8/10
Controls - 10/10
Story - 10/10
Gameplay - 10/10
AVERAGE: 9.6
FINAL SCORE: 10/10

PROS
-Nice graphics for a Gameboy game
-Nice sound
-No more ''I gotta save the princess!''
-Some easy levels
-It's a Mario game!

CONS
-Music gets extremely annoying
-Levels are EXTREMELY hard

THE FINAL VERDICT
I highly doubt you'll find this game anywhere, except for online. And I sure know that you won't be able to find it to rent. The way I came about with this game was, like I said earlier, I traded with my friend. I'm glad I did this too, because this game is a classic. So, if you want this, order it offline!

That's my review and I'm sticking to it!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 05/29/03, Updated 05/29/03