How come all my balls miss the legendary birds?

1. Everytime i throw an ultra ball at moltres, aticuno, or zapdos it tells me i missed the pokemon. I dont know what im doing wrong.

User Info: senor_owncakes

senor_owncakes - 6 years ago

1. Here's some Tips:

1. Use Ultra Balls (or dupe your Master Ball)

2. Make sure that the Birds are either asleep, paralyzed, or frozen.

3. Get it's health down as low as you can without knocking it out.

4. Throw the Ultra Balls and hope for the best.

User Info: pokedude7

pokedude7 (Expert) - 6 years ago 2 0

Answers

1. It just takes tenacity. And a lot of balls. (Get it? I'm so witty.)

As pokedude said, a general rule is to put them to sleep, paralyze them, or freeze them, which will make them much easier to catch... and of course, get their HP as low as possible. Use electric moves on Zapdos and grass on Moltres if you can (they'll only do a quarter damage on each). Once all the conditions are met, just keep chucking them. They're going to miss for a while, but keep at it. After a while you'll start landing them, and after that, it's just a matter of keeping them inside the ball.

What I've done when I'm playing is chuck the cheaper Poke Balls at them until I finally started hitting and then switched to Ultra... however, I have no idea if it takes longer with Poke Balls than it does with Ultra Balls, so it's up to you if you want to take that chance.

User Info: XTApocalypse

XTApocalypse - 6 years ago 1 0