Question from redheadofdoom

Does your name have to be something specific to encounter Misingno?

I'm just wondering because I'm going to play through it again, and I'd like to at least see Misingno, but I want to know before I start so I don't have to start all over to change my name.

pokedude7 answered:

It has been my experience that whatever your name, you will encounter MissingNo if you do the Cinnibar Island coast trick. You can also use the Mew Glitch to see MissingNo. The above poster is incorrect, to see MissingNo along the Cinibar Coast, it's not the fossil, it's your name. So if you want to be sure to encounter MissingNo, use one of the Default names.
1 0

Answers

TNapes answered:

If im right it isnt your name, its the fossil you get at the end of mt moon.
0 1

shadowkolo answered:

Ok ok heres the right answer once you reach cinnibar island use fly to go to veridian city and talk to the old man walking in the road he will show you how to catch a weedle and if memory serves right fly back to cinnibar island and surf up and down the right side of the island you will encounter eather a weird pokemon or missingno now if you catch missingno you will screw up your game but allso if you catch him he will evolve once you enter a fight lol he will evolve in to a kangaskan lvl 30 so your best bet is not to catch him you can make your name what ever you want lol i always us eather the name zeke or jade and im fine ^.^ good luck and i hope this helped
0 0

Celadon dept. selling master balls? Open L1GUY
Linking? Answered M3x1
I need help with my game. Can anyone help? Unanswered M3x1
How do I get out of viridian city? Answered Mewtwo_Food
Ditto Glitch doesn't work? Answered itsella