Question from XxPika740xX

What kind of link cable do I need?

The cable you would need to play this would be a GBC or a GB link cable. Third Party link cables are known to have trouble with Pokemon games, so try to stay away from those. There is also a Universal link cables for both GB and GBC games.

-Credits to gunbladelad77
The Universal link cable will NOT cover GBA games. It does, however, fit the slot and enables trading gb/gbc link games between the GBA and any other Game Boy except the Gameboy Micro.

GBA link cables will NOT work for gb/gbc games.

The way to tell the difference between GBA and GB/GBC cables is to look at the ends.

If the cable has D-shaped ends then it's a universal link cable (The official one has an adaptor that looks almost like a USB plug on one side)

If the connectors are O (diamond shaped), look different at each end, or have a socket for connecting in the middle, then it's a GBA cable and will not work.

Finally, if the cable connectors look like a USB plug at both ends, then you have a classic GB (The grey brick edition) link cable.

XxPika740xX provided additional details:

If you want to buy one check ebay and/or other auction sites, or your local gaming store

If you have any further questions, ask on the message board. Don't forget, auction sites can be costly!

Accepted Answer

XxPika740xX answered:

0 0

This question has been successfully answered and closed

More Questions from This Game

Question Status From
Why can't I link trade my pokemon? Answered TheGreatOne987
Game Deleting my data? Open Etherealvids
How can I get Nidoqueen to learn Body Slam? Answered NicaJo
How to enter Silph Co? Unanswered PkmnRed
Is it normal? Answered Angel_exe

Ask a Question

To ask or answer questions, please log in or register for free.