Question from HeroTwins032

Asked: 7 months ago

Primape?

So I've been wanting to play this game for a while now. I've beat it once before, but that was quite some time ago. Anyways, I've been trying to decide what fighting type I want, and I caught a Mankey in Viridian city. It helped me greatly fighting Brock, considering I started out with a charmander. So, just give me your advice on primape, and maybe if he isn't that great you could give me a better idea as to what i should be looking for. Thanks!

From: jellybob8 7 months ago

If you can get a friend to trade with you, Machamp is a better choice. I realize that is probably not possible though, so Primeape should be a good fighting type. If you can trade though, a Machop can be found in rock tunnel after the third gym. Primeape, should you keep it, is a glass cannon. It hits hard and fast, but cannot take much damage. All in all, Primeape will serve you well over the course of the story. Hope this helped!