Review by DWit

"The game that's hard not to love"

Pokémon, I must say, is the best non-color Game Boy game there is or ever could be if the situation is right. You need at least 5 people to talk with about the game ( I had about 10) and 2 people to trade with. At first all the enemies get annoying until you can buy Poké Balls. Once you can, there's nothing better than a good battle with a wild pokémon. Here's my evaluation.

Graphics:
I have to admit I hate seeing pokémon as a practical blob from behind in battle. Looking at enimies, though, is, amazing for graphics on a Game Boy Game! The overworld is bleak and undetailed, though. Graphics really hurt the game as a whole. The worst aspect of the game. Rating-7

Sound:
The only music that tends to get repititious is the "traveling in overworld" music. The city musics are all enjoyable. The battle music is great! Boss battles can hardly be beat. Only 1 thing does, actually, and thats facing the final boss music. The pokémon sounds are similar and only decent. The sound, though not its best aspect, is superior to other Game Boy Games. Rating-9

Enjoyability:
Quite enjoyable , it's obsesive, which can be good or bad. This is a game either love or hate. If the game is potentialy completable by trading, there's a 98% chance you'll love it. If not, iI still say it's a 70% chance. Rating-10

Other ratings