Review by Morbydd

"How can this hook thee, let me count the ways."

What can I say? If you thought virtual pests er... pets were annoying, then you probably missed out on this little gem for the Gameboy. And that's a real shame, because it is the most addictive game possibly ever made.

You assume the role of Ash Ketchum, a ten year old boy from the little village of Pallet Town. You are ready to embark on a quest to become a Pokemon master. But so is you're rival, Gary, whom you will encounter time to time in the course of the game.

If you didn't already know, Pokemon are wild creatures that can be captured and trained. The object is to defeat other trainers in simple, but strangely compelling, battles. You can carry up to six Pokemon with you at any one time, and they can be switched in and out of battle as you please.

The graphics are nothing special, and the music is only ok. So why is it so great? Because the sheer variety. There are 150 different monsters to capture, and each one is cooler than the last. And believe me, you won't want to stop until you have ALL of them. This game is plain old fun, and I'd give it an 11 if I could. So if you're jaded to just about everything out there, then pick this one up. Oh, and be ready to sacrifice any kind of social life you may have.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/01/99, Updated 11/01/99