Question from bradlloyd012

I can't dash?

I can't dash in this game while locked on to a target. I am trying to do it the right way. Move left or right while pressing B is what it says, but when I do it that way, I just jump into the air. Now I am stuck fighting the big beetle to get the morph ball because I can't dodge and shoot it in the back.

TripleXRated answered:

You don't have to smash the control stick, but it really helps to have it pressed to the side all the way. You can strafe, and at any time press "B" to dash.
2 0

Answers

CornisNice84 answered:

It's tricky at first, but you have to smash the control in the direction you want to go at the exact same time as pressing B. If you tap the control stick or fail to press them simultaneously, you'll only hop in the desired direction.

If you still won't dash, try cleaning your controller, and then try again.
1 0

halofrost00 answered:

first of all, practice it, it is hard to master it. i beat the game, and started hard mode, and NEVER got it down. i learned to do it with jumps; but now, every time it dashes, it screws me up. as for the beetle, jsut keep circleing it one way or another. AND DON'T STOP SHOOTING!
0 0

Dee_man_45 answered:

The way I eventually mastered it down was to just press down the stick a split second BEFORE I pressed the B Button. That works for me in this game, you might be different, however.
0 0

xxhikaru answered:

When I try and strafe I hold the direction I'm want to Dash in and I just push the "B" button.
1 0

michael10494 answered:

Press the "B Button" and the direction you want to strafe on the "Control Stick" simultaneously (at the same time). It does take time to master/get used to, but it's real useful and easy once you get the hang of it. It practically becomes instinct after a while of playing the Metroid Prime Series.
0 0

andypanda544 answered:

To kill the giant beetle you don't need to dash if you have the space jump boots.
0 1

Zinyin answered:

Most of these people are right.

A: hold the direction you want to "Dash" (no your not dashing your just jumping in a shorter and faster jump to a direction)

B: Press your Jump button (In this case B)
0 0

Left Trigger Control Bug? Unanswered Lord-Of-The-Bea
Game stops working at Phazon Mines? Open TheInfamousTJ
Can I unlock the Fusion Suit with a different region Fusion game? Open Kevinhend
Playing the gamecube version on a wii? Open OmegaCyberDemon
Where can I find a yellow pack? Answered littlekingryno