Review by ItsJiv

"Its been 8 years"

Its been 8 years, and Samus is finally back in a game of her own! Nintendo has hyped this game to the limits and it has lived up to that ''hype''. I still can't believe that someone gave this game a 6/10. Oh well, that's their opinion, and this is mine!

Well as you know, Samus has defeated the Metroid Queen already with a bunch of other evil goons. Well Samus is stil hungry! She wants more evil to kill! MORE! Well yea, thats her job I guess! Now she is on Tallon IV and searching for evil. And I guess that she finds it! It all starts when she recieves word from Tallon IV that there are problems. She uses her starship to get there to investigate. She arrives and realises that EVERYTHING is wrong/messed up! Knowing Samus, she starts to wander around, examining the place. Out of nowhere comes this HUGE creature thing and obviously, she kills it. Just as she does so, a selfdestruct program starts up and she must evacuate before she gets blown to bits. Now there is trouble. Samus can save the day...or can she? With damaged aresenal and only her gun and helm, we shall hope so.

Just KILLER! It really cant get any better then this! From the start the graphics are just like WHOA! Everything is so highly detailed, it hurts not to be amazed! I guess that the graphics are the main reason Nintendo spent so much time and mney into this game, and boy did it pay off! They did an excellent job with the environment around Samus and with Samus too. The weapons look SO realistic as well! Even weather! You can look up at the sky at different times and different things may happen, ie. if its raining, there will be water on your helm.

The sound is great! For the first time in my life, I think that gunshots and explosions sound great :D. Well thats what it is mainly, KILLING! Well yea, the sound is amazing, some people even say its almost as good as the graphics!

I think that most of this has been covered in the other headings made in this review. But I'll fill you in on some stuff anyways. This is basically a standard metroid game. You are Samus, save the planet, thats about it! Still fun though!

Replay Value: 10/10
I haven't yet completed the game, but once I do, I will probably update this part of the review. So far, I'm hooked. Even when I finish playing, I will probably start a new game and play some more! Right now, it seems that I will never get bored of this game!

Replay: 10/10

Overall:10/10

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/22/02, Updated 11/22/02