Review by Ultimashark013

"Uhhhhh....It doesn't compare."

Crazy Taxi, Segas hit arcade. It WAS a great game, about a couple years ago when it hit the Dreamcast, and the Arcades. But an old port on Gamecube? Nah, I'd rather stick to the other games that Sega made for us. like Monkey Ball, and Phantasy Star Online. and Sonic. Plus, It truly can't compare to the awesomeness of some of the other games, like SSBM, or Rogue Leader.

Graphics: (7/10)

It still looks like the old dreamcast graphics, I mean it isn't BAD to have old school graphics on a newer system, but..Haven't we seen enough? The taxis are still colorful, and the background they made on the locations is fine. But they kept the weird graphics on the people.

Control: (4/10)

Ok, HOW DO YOU DO A CRAZY DASH ON THIS CONTROLLER? I didn't have a DC, but in the Arcades, I at least knew how to dash. The cars controls are fine, but they could've made the game a little less confusing. The accelerator and reverse are still about the same as usual, but I still do NOT like the control

Music: (2/10)

Well...If you like listening to the same tune over and over and over and over again, this game is for you, although most people would like some variety. It doesn't HAVE the variety like Tony Hawk, or SSX, or anything of those matters. One thing I'll say, GET NEW MUSIC!

Sound: (9/10)

The cleanest thing, is not the graphics, but the sound, the crashing sounds good, they have voices, the interaction with the people is the best of all of it. I like the sound, its just it doesn't mix well with the NON-various music.

Fun Factor (10/10)

Another thing that is good, is it IS addicting...for a while. But sooner or later it gets old, taking the same people to the same locations, but I guess thats what the cheat code is for.

Buy? or Rent?

Rent, It is not something you want to have stashed in your collection forever, especially since you don't have to unlock a whole lot of new stuff. Plus, sooner or later, you will get bored of the game.

Sega, You've made another mistake, The first was killing a pretty good system, the second was making ANOTHER port of Crazy Taxi. The first was on PS2, you don't need another one.

Unfotunately, this game will be in the low end of my Gamecube stack, laying underneath Smash Bros, and SSX Tricky. There could be worse...You could get a nasty X-box as a gift. Or...Powerpuff girls...BLAAAAH.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 01/23/02, Updated 01/23/02