Review by libreg44

"It's a good thing this game is now available on the gc..."

I never played the original crazy taxi because it didn't seem appealing to me back then. It's a good thing that I got this as a gift from my sister, because I would never experience this awesome game. Is it that good? Yes, the game is excellent, and I was a fool not to pick it up back then. Here's why.

Gameplay 10/10- The gameplay is excellent in this game. It's simple (to a certain point anyway), but fun at the same time. You have to pick up customers that want to get there on time. The color of the circle around the customer is how hard the driving will be when you pick him/her up. There is a time limit not only to the customer, but to how long you can work. 3 min. 5 min. or 10 min., or you can gain time whenever you pick up/ drop off a customer. You have the basic controls like accelerate, brake, drive, reverse, etc. However, you also have other fun things in your control, like the crazy drift which is when you slide like a 360 degree turn really fast. There are three modes. Arcade, original, and crazy box. Arcade and original are the same but in different places, and crazy box is challenges for you to do.

Controls 9/10- The controls for the game are excellent. The acce. button is in the right, comfortable place, and so is everything else. My only complain is that sometimes when you keep doing the "crazy tricks" it can get tiring for your fingers, especially your thumb if you do the turbo-like move. You get used to it though.

Graphics 6/10- The only really bad thing about this game are the graphics. There are a lot of blocky parts, especially the people. It looks like it really is from dreamcast, not gc (well, who am I to speak, I never played the old one) but eventually you get used to the blocky graphics. At the beginning, they can be really annoying though.

Music 10/10- The music, for me anyway, is perfect. They have two of my favorite bands in the game, bad religion and the offspring. That's the soundtrack, and it's awesome. It'll get stuck to your head, you'll catch your self whistling to the tune.
It's a really really good choice for a sound track.

Story NA- There is no story, all you have to do is get money by doing a good job at what you do ( crazy taxi driver). However, if the game had a story, it wouldn't be as good. Seriously, the game not having a story makes it perfect for a driving game like this.

Re playability 100000/10- This whole game is based upon re playability. Why do you think I gave it a 9? Well, because the gameplay and controls are great, but the re playability is awesome. I bought this game about two years ago, and I still play it every day. It's one of those you play for 5 months skip 1 month play again for 5 months game. I really don't think you'll grow tired of it.

Overall, this game is a game that anyone, and I really mean anyone with a gamecube should have. It's just one of the best classics that was ever made by sega, and it will become a big classic soon. It is a really good game. Buy it ASAP. If you don't believe me, you can rent it, but then you'll just feel mad at yourself all day for not believing me. The game is awesome, and costs very little. When I bought it 2 years ago, it was $20. Now I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 or 5. Please go buy it.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/12/05