Review by Darth Vader

"Vader: Calrissian, take the wookie and this game to my ship!"

Wace Race: Blue Storm was a solid GameCube launch title. This game really shows what the GameCube can do with Graphics, sound and controls. This is a very fun game and I think most people would like this racing game. After all, there isn't a better racing game on the GameCube yet?

Graphics: 5/5 This game has the second best graphics next to Star Wars: Rogue Leader. The players, boats and levels are incredibly detailed. Compared to the N64 version, it dosen't stand a chance graphic wise. One of the first things you will notice is the absolute, awesome detail of each of the levels! I love how they have designed these levels! My personal favorite is the harbour right by the city at nightime!

Sound: 4/5 Some really good music accompanies the levels along with above average sound effects! For example, if you pass a dolphin, you will hear the noise a dolphin makes or if you go flying into a rock straight a head you will hear a ' thunk'! Overall, the music is above average.

Control: 4/5 This is another GameCube game that has a set of controls where you can pick up and play! This means that the controls are simple to use and make the game more fun! Personally, if there is a game with bad controls I tend not to like them. Unlike other games where you have to pull off tricks, this game makes it relatively simple to pull of a trick. Racing is good too and this game generally has good turning (unless you pick a character with bad turning).

Storyline: Since this game dosen't have one, I can't mark this game on the storyline. Too bad, because I think it would be good with a storyline.

Replayability: 3/5 This game has about average replayability. Once you have beaten the game there is little else to do. The thing that saves this game in this category is the option where you can practice by yourself racing around the courses.

Here's what I liked:
- Graphics
- Sound
- Control

Here's what was okay:

-Replayability

Here's what I hated:
nothing

Here's what didn't get rated:
Storyline

Pros/Cons

Pros
- Incredible graphics!
- Awesome sound and control!
- The best racer for the GameCube yet!

Cons
- Could have better replayability.
- Could have a storyline.

Overall: 16/20= 80% This game should be on your wishlist if you have a GameCube. When I rented this game, I couldn't believe the graphics, sound and controls! I was so used to N64 until I got my GameCube and discovered what all the hype was about this game. There is not much more to say.

Buy or Rent?: I have three words for the reader(s): Buy this Game.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 03/29/02, Updated 03/29/02