Review by bobobo_iz_best

"I knew the Gamecube had potential, but this... is perfect!"

December 24, 2004: I got an early Cristmas gift- a Nintendo Gamecube. My sister got Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, which was a great game, but lacked the ability to walk freely. Of course, what did I get? Only the best game ever, Super Smash Bros. Melee. I was so happy I could... be happy! I know, why mention this? Because I want to!

Anyway, on to the review:

GRAPHICS: 10/10
Ya know the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Gamecube? The only reason it had amazing graphics was because it was also for the Wii. Now, back in 2001, SSBM has the 2nd best graphics on the GC! (Best- TP). Kirby looks like a perfect circle, the detail done on Mewtwo's body is awsome, and the deadly spikes on Bowser's back are amazing. Well done, Nintendo!

GAMEPLAY: 10/10
The gameplay is the reason (not really, just one of them) is why I love this game. There are lots of different moves to use, like A, <-A, ->A, UP.A, DOWN.A, SmashDOWNA, Smash UP.A, Smash ->/< A, B, and more. Plus an amzing taunt for each character. Yet so simple- but not simple enough for a baby- you need to be pro!

SOUND: 10/10
I love sound!:) It gives a game... so much more detail, and makes more people want to play. Nothing would be boring. Well, Melee takes this to the extreme. And I mean- amazing! The second thing has NOTHING to do with Melee. If you're the boring type, you can either only have on the sound/music! Mario sounds Italian, DK sounds like a gorilla, Pikachu sounds... uhh... Pikachuy, and the voice (and music) is amazing!

The music is taken from many Nnitendo games before. As for Mushroom Kingdom 1, we hear the great original tune from Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Legend of Zelda comes here, too. Many original soundtracks, like Great Bay music. And we can't ever forget that pink puff Kirby. He varies from a past stage called Dreamland, with music from a great Kirby game (can't remember). There is also Green Greens, which the music is used im loads of fututre games. And of course, Fountain of Dreams, which is the classic tune from one of the best NES games of all time- Kirby's Adventure. As for everyone else who I can't explain- great job!

REPLAY VALUE: 10/10.
I... can't... escape... Super... Smash... Bros... Melee. You'd be saying the same thing if you had this game. In most fighting games, when you beat the game, you start over. In Melee, the game just goes on and on. In a good way. You don't really do much but fight, but if you're tired and just wanna relax, grab a friend and play a nice, peaceful, relaxing stage and have fun. Melee proves you don't need fighting to have fun in a fighting game. (It's still fun).

SINGLE PLAYER: 10/10
Not the best, not the worst. But this game is perfect, so there's a 10/10 for ya.

MULTI PLAYER: 10/10
Not really joking- THIS makes up SSBM. Single player is fun, but gets boring quick. That's when Multi comes in. Choose Normal Melee to have a normal match, with a few adjustments. Or have a Tournament- with 4-64 players each! Or, choose from 1 Special Melee batttes and see how different it is! Or make up random names and use them in battle. Or adjust game settings. It's fun to never stop playing a multiplayer game! So when choosing modes, go to Single Player until you unlocked all the stages/characters. Then go to Multi and have a good Melee!

STORY: ?/10
This game has a story- Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, and All Star Mode. The thing is, they're not true stories- same plot every time. So, I remain undecided on story.

Rent or Buy?= BUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUYBUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Buy this game! Unless you're a total loser, you'll love (or at least like) SSBM. 1 word: BUY!

Closing Comments:
My sister enjoyed Sonic Adventure 2, but eventually stopped playing it. Me? I'm still playing nonstop to this day. With the exception of my other games, of course. So when in doubt, MELEE!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/15/07

Game Release: Super Smash Bros. Melee (US, 12/02/01)