Review by Jetski10

"Wait...you don't have this game? Then what are you doing sitting there reading this? GO GET IT!"

Super Smash Bros Melee was basically a game that made its previous one better. Now, as a lot of us should know, most of them games like those fall flat on their noses. But. Some don't. And this happens to be one great exception.

Super Smash Bros 64 was a fun game where you could play with friends or family battling team or versus, on different stages where you could play multiple characters from hundreds of different backgrounds. Most of them are probably unheard of or unrecognizable by all costs. They collect characters from backgrounds varying from living in living in everyday houses to flying powerful turbo jets. Each character had weaknesses and strengths and were played very much.

Despite some choppy graphics and lagging of the gameplay, Super Smash Bros 64 was a very good game, very fun and enjoyable. Most people played it quite a lot and gained reputation, either visual or from ear, to become pros at either several different characters or just one single character.

But, then they decided to put in a long few years worth of work into a some - what sequel to the game. Super Smash Bros Melee. Super Smash Bros Melee (or preferably to several people, SSBM) was a new mark on the history of Super Smash Bros. They improved the graphics, chose the game to be playable on the Gamecube, added in new players, new stages, took out a few unwanted characters and allowed a few new events and adventures to do.

SSBM brought in a new game to the world that seemed like no review or first impression had considered it bad. But for me, the only things I ever though were sought to annoy or anger me was the priority with a few players. Marth got priority and therefore his attack will cause damage despite the fact that you may have pressed the button first. Since one of my siblings happened to enjoy Marth a lot, he plays him and therefore causes my anger and frustration. Another thing I disliked was that one knocked of any random stage, if you were slowly flailing down to the edge, you could bump into the edge and just slide off, and fall to your death.

There were some glitches you could do that gave me momentary entertainment, and the Adventure mode, events and tournaments were all very enjoyable. Including the new special Melees, where you could play with special rules on ordinary maps, such as Slow - mo Melee, or Lightning Melee which were all very fun.

The new concepts of SSBM were very good, very entertaining and enjoyable. They separated me from playing the old Super Smash Bros 64, and while I enjoy playing on it it seems others do to.

Overall Rating:

Characters: 9.5/10
Battle Stages: 8.5/10
Adventure/Events: 8/10
Special Melee mode: 9/10

Overall I will give it a 9/10, because this game is very good, and nearly perfect. At least a 7/10, if not more. If there was a rating out of 100,000, it would getting 99,999.

Rating: 9/10

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 01/08/08

Game Release: Super Smash Bros. Melee (US, 12/02/01)