Review by darkknight904

"A wise player once said, "Kick that giant turtle's butt!""

Hello to all of you Nintendo fans! And for those of you who aren't, welcome anyway. Here, in this little page on your screen, you shall see a review unfold as I, darkknight904, give a typed report on a piece of perfection! Onward, shall we?:

Playable Characters: 10/10. When you start this game, you should have 14 characters available to play: Mario, Link, Kirby, and Yoshi, to name a few. As you progress, you will unlock 11 more characters, such as Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, and Luigi. To find out how to get all 25 characters, please refer to the FAQs.

Available Battlegrounds: 10/10. From the little cabin at Jungle Japes to the huge area at Hyrule Temple, and from the seeminglessly motionless scenery at Yoshi's Story to the fast-paced excitement at Icicle Mountain, the places you fight are detailed and amazing. Just as some characters are unlockable, so are some battlegrounds, such as Brinstar Depths and Flat Zone. Again, refer to the FAQs to learn more about obtaining them.

Playability: 10/10. There are many things you can do, both alone and with a friend. You can go on an Adventure, break some targets, fight event matches, or enter a tournament. The possibilities are nearly endless. While performing many acts in this game, you can earn prizes, such as trophies or coins to buy more trophies. Once again, there are things that can be unlocked, such as the infamous Event 51. For more information, check out the FAQs.

Replayability: 10/10. If you complete everything there is to complete, and you believe that you can improve in an area, such as getting a higher score in Classic mode, you have the infinite chance to replay to your heart's desire. Doing so can get you more trophies, boost your skill in fighting as a particular character, or give you something to do in a time of blahness and boredom. How else would the pros at this game be so good? After all, practice makes perfect (or close to it).

Multiplayer: 9/10. Playing with a friend (or against one, if your in a competition) is more fun than playing alone. It's a proven fact. The only bad thing about this is the incapability to play Classic, Adventure, or All-Star mode with them. I guess we just deal with what we've got.

Overall: 9.8/10+0.2/10 (because I'm a Nintendo fan)=10/10. This is perfection in the eyes of a true Nintendo fan (game wise, that is). I like it, you'll like it. That is why I say this:

Buy/Rent/Neither: Buy it! It's worth the price, for you will never be bored. But you better hurry! Since Nintendo no longer makes GameCube games anymore, the availability of this game in stores is slim to nill. Go, go, go!

No, seriously! Go get it, and start your quest into the Nintendo game that will surpass all other Nintendo games!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/03/08

Game Release: Super Smash Bros. Melee (US, 12/02/01)