Review by PerfectGamer

"Has the same look and feel as the last one....."

Well, once again another smashing game comes out for the GameCube. In my honest opinion, this is the best fighting game ever. I really enjoyed the first one for N64, and I was very hyped about this one. This game really did meet it's hype that it had set out! Nintendo just keeps releasing epic after epic, after epic, after epic....... read below and you will find out why!

Highly detailed graphics, and beautiful use of texture will surely make your jaw drop! The opening movie alone, will leave you gasping for air. This game is so much more graphically advanced then its predecessor. Every bit of possible detail is here, from the rivets on Zelda's dress, to the drawing on Link's Hyrulian Shield.

The levels are also lush in detail and colours. The backgrounds are very real, and look 3D. On most levels the background comes to life and interacts with your battle. Remember how in the Star Fox level in the original SSB, Slippy, and Falco would sometimes come by and shoot at you? Well there is plenty of stuff like that in most of the levels.

Now this is where the game truly shines. 1-Player is the same except for a new Adventure mode, which is very fun. But Multiplayer is where this games gameplay comes from. All the old characters are more advanced and updated with cool new moves! There are so many new characters also, much better and cooler then the secret characters for SSB.

The customization in this game is unbelievable! Lots of new items, levels, and characters make this game an endless bliss of replay value! Duking it out with your friends or the computer(which you can set it's difficulty), is the greatest part. The multiplayer in this game is one of the best in any other game that I have seen.

One of my personal favourites, is the Home Run option. You gotta hit this Sandbag as far as possible in very limited time. It gets very fun as you try to get it farther and farther!

Collecting coins is also a big part of this game. After every battle and victory you collect a certain amount of coins once you are done. With the Lottery option, you get trophies depending on how much coins you wage. There are over 300 trophies, and they can be bought through the Lottery, found in the 1-Player, or unlocked. They don't really do anything.

The mini-games will keep you playing, if you are tired with multiplayer(which I can't see that being possible).

The music tracks in this game are straight from the classic Nintendo games, like Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. In each character's level, their music plays, while you fight for survival. You can even unlock the ability to alternate music tracks!

The clashing of swords, and shouts of might, are as crisp and clear as possible. Every little sound and noise can be heard.

What more can I say? Definitely BUY this game if you enjoyed the first one. Heck, I'd buy this game even if it didn't have a 1-Player! That's how fun the Multiplayer really is! If fighting games aren't for you, then don't buy it. But if you do buy it, get some friends, buy a few extra controllers and you will have a lot more fun!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/08/01, Updated 12/08/01