Review by DarkMark42

"Luigi finally gets his own game!"

Luigi's Mansion is in my opinion, one of the best and most underrated game on the Gamecube. It was a launch title for the GCN back in 2001. It's underrated because many people see it as an average game. Well I don't. They say that it's too short, repetitive, and replay value-less. Well Luigi's in a Mansion, how long can the game be? Besides, 4 hours of gameplay isn't that short of a game. It's not repetitive, and I'll explain later on why it's not replay value-less.

Graphics-As a launch title back in 2001, it probably was the best looking GCN game out. Better than the other 11 launch titles for the GCN. The lightning effects are amazing, and the Mansion is perfectly designed, as is Luigi. Of course a lot of other GCN games look better, it's to be expected since it was a launch title. 10/10.

Sound-Since Luigi's in a haunted Mansion, there's a nice haunted theme song. There are other nice tunes as well. You can hear Luigi humming and whistling, as well as the lightning effects. Everything really sounds great. You can even call out Mario! 10/10.

Story-This game probably has the best story of any 3d Mario game. Err, Luigi. Luigi apperently wins a Mansion in a contest that he never even entered. So he calls Mario and invites him to the Mansion. Mario arrives first. When luigi arrives, he gets attacked by a ghost, but saved by Proffesor E. Gadd. Gadd tells Luigi that he saw Mario go in, so he gives Luigi the Poltergust 3000, which is a vacuum made for sucking up ghosts, and It's up to Luigi to save Mario. 10/10.

Gameplay-This is where it really counts, and where the game truly does shine, Simply put, the game is just so much fun to play! You go around the Mansion, sucking up ghosts and collecting treasure. The game is 4 areas, and there's even puzzle solving so you can collect portrait ghosts. Also, it stars one of my favorite video game character of all time, Luigi! 10/10.

Fun Factor- I loved every second of this underrated, fun, perfect, flawless game. Luigi's Mansion all the way! 10/10.

Replay value-The reason that this game has so much replay value is : You'll want to replay it many times, at the end of the game, you'll get a Mansion ranked A-H based on how much treasure you collected, there are 23 portrait ghosts that are in a bronze, silver, and gold paintings. I've beaten the game 8 times. 10/10.

Overall-This is one of the best GCN games, and one of my all time favorite games. Buy it now!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/26/07, Updated 07/26/11

Game Release: Luigi's Mansion (US, 11/17/01)