Review by wolverinefan

"Uninspired and dull"

Story
Fox McCloud is sent to Dinosaur Planet when General Scales steals all the spellstones. It's up to Fox to save the whole planet. The story isn't interesting and it's very unoriginal. I give story a 1/10

Control
The control is simple to use and doesn't take long to get the hang of. I didn't care for using the C-stick to go through my items. Fighting is bland and requires you to hit A as fast as you can. I give control a 8/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The voice acting is really good but there are a few annoying voices in the game. The sound effects are good but nothing special. The music has an epic feel to it but I barely noticed the music. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 7/10

Game play
If you've played any action/adventure game is the last 3 years, this game will seem very familiar. Instead of using his gun, Fox uses a staff to fight guys and it's completely mindless with you just moving and then hitting A as fast as you can. The AI is horrible and all they normally do is block. The levels all look great and are nicely detailed but they are all cliched and aren't anything special. As you play the game you get new staff upgrades which let you do different things like shoot a fireball or use your staff to boost you in the air. Early in the game you gain a partner who you use to find items and open new paths. The puzzles are way too easy and there are too many push the block onto the switch puzzles. There are a few Arwing levels which is cool and all but they feel like they are there as a mindless mini game. Star Fox Adventures is yet another action/adventure game that sticks with the same elements and does nothing new fr the genre. I give game play a 4/10

Replay Value
The only secrets in the game are cheat tokens and they are way too easy to find. The game is also really short. Sadly, if you save right before the last boss, you can't go back and explore unless you have a backup save or start a whole new game. I'm just not a fan of that idea. I give replay value a 1/10

Final Score
I give Star Fox Adventures a 4/10

Reviewer's Score: 4/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Star Fox Adventures (US, 09/23/02)