Review by njvthec

"An instant classic"

Only one thing keeps this game from getting a perfect 10/10 and I will get to that at the end of this review. If you don't want the ending spoiled....don't read the final paragraph of this review.

First of all....I am a huge Zelda fan and have never been too big on Star Fox except for Star Fox 64...so that's why I love this adventure-land type of game. If you are a diehard star fox fan and love that style....I can see why you may not love this game like I do.

The graphics of this game are just that darn good. You see star fox in high definition....the dinosaurs, the animals, everything looks so real. If I walked outside my house one day and everything looked the way it looks in this game....I wouldn't think anything was weird. That is how real the graphics are.

Plays like a zelda game...only you have a staff instead of a sword and as the game progresses....you learn different moves that you can do with the staff. There are puzzles to solve all over the place and it takes a lot of thinking to get through some parts. Sometimes you just need to use your noodle which I love.

Replay Value: 10/10

There are cheat tokens in hidden places throughout the game. This is a side quest which is not mandatory. I did not get them all my first time through so I played again to get them. The cheat tokens contain hidden messages, hidden techniques(like the entire game in dino language and such.) They are a fun little edition. I played this game through many times.

Story and Ending(spoiler alert): 9/10

The story is excellent. General Scales has taken over dinosaur planet and has enslaved all the citizens. Star Fox must collect the spellstones and krazoa spirits to save the planet. Ok...now...here is my one and only gripe with the game. The entire game builds up toward a fight with General Scales.....and you never fight General Scales at all because at the end you find out that andross was actually behind it all and was simply using scales to accomplish is conquest. Andross kills scales and then Fox kills andross. I do not have a problem with Andross being the final boss....but can't we at least have a fight against the evil Scales? All game long they make him out to be so evil...they make you want to kick his butt...I would have liked to have fought scales.

Overall: Awesome Game.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 12/26/08

Game Release: Star Fox Adventures (Player's Choice) (US, 09/25/03)