Review by no brain

"What if Fox got out of his Arwing?"

Keep in mind when looking at my score that 5 is an average game, so anything higher than that means above average. So, now that you know that it's time for the review of StarFox Adventures.

-------------
Gameplay 7/10

Much like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with StarFox flying levels added. The controls were good and movement was great, the fighting was rather easy as well. As long as you have played OoT then there should be no problems here. It even has the targeting and jumping style of Zelda. Since there is a lack of originality a couple of points are taken away. but otherwise great!

-------------
Graphics 9/10

Excellent textures, very sharp and clean and easy on the eyes. Plenty of polygons are being put up on the screen at any one time which can make for some impressive settings. Fox even has individual hairs that move around and even individual blades of grass that move. Definitley showing off the power of the GameCube! There is some slowdown, but i believe it is only during the short loading times.

----------
Sound 7/10

Not too bad if I may say so myself. I never really pay too much attention to sound in a game but the music was nice. But none that I can remember just sitting right here. Sound effects like footsteps and water flowing are done pretty well also. No real complaints here but altogether forgettable, a 7 out of 10 in sound.

----------
Story 4/10

Kinda boring really, but Nintendo isn't exactly known for their story telling anyways (mostly just outstanding gameplay) I don't want to tell too much but the game is set 8 years after StarFox 64 and, well, yeah I don't want to give anything away. Some familiar faces as well as many new ones! Just get the game and see for yourself.

--------
Fun 8/10

I had a good time playing StarFox Adventures but I am glad I didn't go out and spend $50 on it. I think a rental should suffice for anyone but fanboys and hardcore StarFox fans. Not bad, but I didn't find myself wanting to replay through it.

------------
Overall 7/10
(Not an average of the above scores)

I had a good time playing this but feel that Rare took a little too many ideas from OoT to be given full credit for their work. But the addition of flying levels in true StarFox fashion add to the game enough to make it a good weekend rental. Or, as stated earlier a great buy for StarFox fans. Can't wait for StarFox by Namco!

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 09/28/02, Updated 09/28/02