Review by Hackmast

"Fox Is Back In A Whole New Adventure"

The last Star Fox game for Nintendo. Rare went out with a bang. Instead of putting Fox McCloud back into the cockpit, they decided to put him on a planet infested by dinosaurs that are engaged in a war against each other. I hear most people complaining about how it shouldn't be like this, how they rather have him back in his Arwing. Well let me just say, that you won't agree with that any more once you play this game. I think Rare did a good thing, doing a different approach with this StarFox. All fans of StarFox, and new coming StarFox fans will love this one. Now it is time to review the last game Rare will ever do for Nintendo.

This game play is excellent. You get to play as Fox in the Arwing for a while, which is excellent, because it has similar controls to the Nintendo 64 version. Than you get onto the planet. You get a staff in the game. Which can do some great combos, and techniques. It has a lock on battle system, just like in Nintendo's 64's Zelda. It has a very easy inventory system, so you can find stuff in it very fast. You can't really move Fox around much, other than run, and roll on the ground. I think it would of been better if there was a jump button. It also has ton's of detailed area's to explore on the planet in the game to explore

Well now this my favorite part of the game. The graphics are what you would call, extremely good. The best Graphics I've seen on GameCube since Resident Evil. The detail in the game is mind bobbling. The character's are so detailed that you can see the hair on them. I would say that Rare took a long time to do this game, just by how the graphics look on it.

This game has a great story. Different than any other game I have played before. A Planet is falling apart in the Lylat System, and Fox is on the Job to fix, before it explodes and harms the Lylat System. He goes to the planet in searching for the Queen, who will be able to help him stop the planet from exploding. Will he do it? Only you can decide that.

Sound/Music: 8/10

The voice acting in the game are great. You can tell they put a lot of time in the voice acting for this game. To me I really like Fox's voice. It really matches him. For the music, I really like that. It doesn't have any songs that songs that would get stuck in your head. I like how they took the old StarFox 64 game's and mixed some of that music, which made it great. I'm glad this game had awesome music, because some games now a day don't have any good music any more. Music is part of a element that makes a game, without it wouldn't be a game.

As Rare's last game for Nintendo, it has to be the best one ever. They might of changed StarFox, but they did it in a good way. So if your looking for a good action/adventure game on GameCube, go get this game. It's probably one of the best games out for GameCube right now. You won't regret it. So get off your lazy butt now, and go buy it. It might be to short for some of those people, looking for a long game to play, if that is the case, than go rent this game instead.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/28/02, Updated 09/28/02