Review by funkytoad

"So you're saying I'm NOT supposed to fall off??"

Ahhh. Super Monkey Ball. I got this little gem with my Gamecube, and as soon as I turned it on, I knew that I was going to love it. I mean, what's not to love about cute little monkeys, in plastic balls? This game has you rolling around more than 100 levels, trying your very best to get that darn monkey through the goal. Sega is a sly company, yes...when you play beginner, you're going to totally throw yourself off, and begin to believe that this game is too easy. However, you get to advanced, and start to see that it's not quite as easy as it once was...then expert...*shudder*. Expert is the pride and glory of this game. This is where the boys are separated from the men. You'll be trying to beat these 50(!!) levels for hours on end....and you'll be having a helluva time! I love this game, as it's the first one to provide me with a challenge in a long while!

The graphics in this game are definitely above par as well. These guys are beautifully animated, and I defy you to find ANY flaw in the framerate. The sounds are fun and kooky too! Your little monkeys will make all sorts of crazy noises, that just make me want to giggle! The music is somewhat of a techno-futuristic type dealy, that I really don't pay much attention to.

So what do you do after you've poured out your heart and soul into expert....you done everything there is to do, right? Wrong! There are 6, count em, 6 mini games in this game. First we've got Monkey Race. 6 courses of crazy Mario Kart style racing. Fun to do with friends ^_^. Next is Monkey Fight, a mode where 4 monkeys are given spring loaded boxing gloves to pummel each other with.....nice!! 3rdly is Monkey Target, which sees your monkey rolling down a massive ramp, and spreading his ball like wings, to land on targets, spread throughout a large body of water. 4th is Monkey Billiards, where you can play a relaxing game of pool...with monkeys! 5th is Monkey Bowling, where you can play...bowling. Last, but not least, and certainly my favourite, is Monkey Golf! You'll have a blast on these 18 awesome holes!

In conclusion, Super Monkey Ball is an excellent game that will be enjoyed by all ^_^ Just make sure you have the patience, or else you might break something.

9/10