Question from REFUGEEturbo18

Do I need 100 shine sprits to pass the game?

I pass the game without , 100 shine sprits. Do I still need to get the shines?
If so how.....

KirbyKlaw answered:

The game's method for beating the game is not like SM64's way of getting 70 Stars. In Sunshine, you have to complete all of the "Shadow Mario" 7th episodes in each level. There are only about 50 Shine Sprites you HAVE to get to beat the game. (Most of the rest are entirely useless.)
4 0

Answers

Jakey_70 answered:

Yes i think
0 2

gengar77 answered:

There are actually 120 Shine Sprites in the game (I've gotten up to 116 myself.) To beat the main part of the game
you technically only need 55 (1 from the first 7 missions in all 8 areas + 1 from the boss.) Really it's not about the
number of Shine Sprites, it's more about goals. The 7th mission in each area involves chasing and beating
"Shadow Mario." Completing all 8 of these unlocks the final boss. However, it seems to be common knowledge
(though I can't speak from experience) that if you get all 120 Shine Sprites, you unlock some kind of secret ending.
By the way, did you know that there are 2 Shines in each "Secret of..." obstacle course. After you complete it you can
replay it later for a red coin challenge. Also, every main area has 1 Shine available for collecting 100 coins. After
you visit the boss area and come back out, you can revisit the airstrip for a couple of Shines.
0 2

amyroselover101 answered:

To get to Corona Mountain, you only need 80 Shine Sprites. After getting your 80th Shine Sprite, Pianta Village becomes flooded and Corona Mountain will be opened. You go in there and pass the stage and beat Bowser. The end. :)
0 3

amyroselover101 answered:

Oh, sorry, I ment Delfino Plaza when I said Pianta Village. :)
1 1

mrbananaman9 answered:

You need 50. There is one from Delfino Airstrip, plus the first seven from the seven main levels; Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, Gelato Beach, Pinna Park, Sirena Beach, Noki Bay, and Pianta Village. Then Isle Delfino will flood, and you can enter Corona Mountain.
0 0