Question from Snowbunnie987

Does anyone have the 40 shines list for Delfino Plaza?

I have gotten all of the blue coins and defeated every world and did all the secret shines and gotten 100 coins as well and it totals up to 119 shines I checked my totals and said that I only had 39 shines for Delfino Plaza...and I am checking if I missed any shines from reading the faq/walkthru but I have gotten all of them but I am still missing just one and I cannot find it and it is driving me crazy can someone please help me or give me the shines list please? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Snowbunnie987 provided additional details:

Everything that you put...I did all of those including the 100 coins in each world even the red coins in Delfino Airstrip BUT....I didn't know they had 3 secret shines instead of 2...I mean I did the ones when you have to go back in the secrets in each world (where you lose your fludd) and did the 8 coin challenges and whatnot what about the 3 shines you can get?

Well I have figured out that I have gotten all of the shines for Delphino Plaza and even gotten the red coins for the airstrip...I still don't know which one is the last one.

SuperSmashBro13 answered:

There are a number you might have missed. First of all, be aware that the blue coins in Corona Mountain count as Delfino Plaza blue coins for some reason, as are any Delfino Airstrip blue coins. (After beating the game, you can get back to Delfino Airstrip by talking to a dancing Pianta near a boat near the boathouse.) There is a red coin challenge in the Delfino Airstrip as well. In Delfino Plaza, you can pay a Pianta on a rooftop 1 coin to be thrown into a building with a Shine Sprite. You can use the Turbo Nozzle to break into a building with a Shine Sprite and to enter a secret course in between the two police officers. Using Yoshi, you can go across moving boats to a goop-covered warp pipe. There's another warp pipe high above the water right of the boathouse. And there's always the chance that it might not even be a Delfino Plaza Sprite; each course (excluding Corona Mountain and Delfino Airstrip) has three hidden Shine Sprites. One is a 100-coin Shine Sprite, and two are found elsewhere; you will always find a red coin challenge in the "secrets." And finally, there's a 100-coin Shine Sprite in Delfino Plaza itself. Other than that, I really don't know. If my advice still doesn't help, you can tell me if you've gotten all of the three hidden Shine Sprites in each course and if you've gotten 100 coins in all courses.
2 0

Answers

Snowbunnie987 answered:

That is the thing I have gotten all the 100 coins for each world except for Corona Mountain which you can't get 100 coins....I did the red coin challenge for the airstrip and I did all the other ones involving being thrown in the rooftop by chuckster and cleaned off the bells and the shine gate I also did the following of these: use the Turbo Nozzle to break into a building with a Shine Sprite and to enter a secret course in between the two police officers. Using Yoshi, you can go across moving boats to a goop-covered warp pipe. There's another warp pipe high above the water right of the boathouse. I have gotten all the blue coins for each world and when I got them all I only have 119 and I just can't figure out which one im missing...it says im missing one for Delfino Plaza but I can't understand which one id be missing that's where im lost. I really need help cuz I am starting a new game and playing it ALL OVER AGAIN and I would rather just know which one it is and get this one stupid shine then have to start all over again with the game so....if anyone knows or has a list of all the shines for Delfino Plaza please let me know. Thank you.
1 0

Link03456 answered:

1. Wash off the bell east of the Grand Pianta Statue.
2. Break all of the crates in the Crate-Breaking minigame.
3. Complete Lv. 2 of the Crate-Breaking minigame.
4. Have the Chuckster toss you into the Shine Tower.
5. Water the beach until you uncover the Shine symbol.
6. Enter the pipe above the waters near Pinna Park, and collect the red coins.
7. Hover into the hole in the tunnel and then collect red coins in the ********.
8. Enter the pipe on the platforms near the lighthouse, then finish the challenge inside.
9. Use Yoshi to reach the pipe on the far-out island, then enter and collect the red coins.
10. Turbo through door leading inside tower near west belltower.
11. Turbo through door between police, then finish challenge.
12. Clean bell east of Pianta Statue, then Rocket to the shine.
13. Rocket from the top of lighthouse, then Ground Pound.
14. Clean dirty Shine, rocket to Shine Sprite.
15. Spray golden bird.
16. 100 Gold Coins!
17-40. Cash in 10 Blue Coins for one shine.

Also, there are 11 shines in each main stage: 8 episodes, 2 hidden shines, and 1 shine for one hundred gold coins.

You also get a shine for completing Corona Mountain.
1 0