Review by wolverinefan

"Nintendo drops the ball"

Story
Mario and Peach are on their way to an island for a vacation. When they get there Mario is arrested for a crime that he didn't do. Now Mario must clean up the island and find the fake Mario. While it isn't the best story ever, it's a lot better than the story for every other Mario game. I give story a 7/10

Control
The control takes awhile to get use to and even when I beat the game I was still getting buttons mixed up. The control is rather responsive but aiming the water just right is way to hard since sometimes you can't make a mistake. The camera is also easy to move around. I give control a 8/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
The voice acting is very bad, Mario sounds horrible but he doesn't say much in the game which is kinda nice. The sound effects are just what you would expect from a Mario games and they do fit the game well. The music is fun and adds to the whole tropical feel of the game. There are even some classic Mario tunes every now and then! I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 7/10

Game play
The game has seven worlds and an over world. The over world is full of people and it's very bright and colorful once you get some Shines. The seven worlds feel way too much alike. Most of them have huge amount of water which gets a little old after awhile. There are eight episodes per world and they have you doing simple things like collection eight red coins, fightng a boss or getting to the end of a 3D floating platform area with no waterpack. The goals are realy uninteresting and most of the are really easy. The waterpack is a neat idea but it does have a few flaws like tring to aim it so you can move your boat correctly. Of course as most Mario games this one is quite fun. I give game play a 7/10

Replay Value
There isn't a lot of secrets but with 120 Shines to find and the fact you need to find all 250 blue coins to get all the Shines, it can take a rather long time. This game isn't as long as other 3D platformers which is a little disappointing. I give replay value a 4/10

Final Score
I give Super Mario Sunshine a 7/10

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 10/10/07

Game Release: Super Mario Sunshine (US, 08/25/02)