Review by Vic Rattlehead

"Crazy Taxi Simpsons style"

The Simpsons: Road Rage is an all around good game that is basically a Crazy Taxi clone in the Simpson's world with characters and locations from the show that most fans will recognise instantly. Here are the sectional reviews for the important categories of the game.

Graphics/Layout: 9
Very well done, the makers of the game studied the Simpsons very well making the map similar to how it is on the show.

Audio: 9
The music may get on your nerves after a while since there are only about four songs in the game. But the voice acting was done perfectly seeing as how it's done by the shows voice actors. There are some memorable lines from the show and most characters interact with each other.

Difficulty: 5
The game is not overly difficult, it might take some people a little while to get used to controls and all but there is no major challenge. The more you play the better you'll get better at forming a set path to go through the levels. The only difficult parts are on some missions but even if you fail most of them enough times you can skip it.

Gameplay: 7
I give gameplay a seven only because there isn't anything original, if you've played Crazy Taxi then you'll know the controls, there are some differences though, I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I'm basing it on originality. For one you can go for road rages sometimes where you get extra money and time for destroying more things. And also there are missions that once you finish you get a secret car.

Replayability: 10
Maybe the most important part of this game is replayability. The main goal is to collect $1,000,000 which may vary from person to person but you generally get better the more you play. And while you earn that $1,000,000 you also unlock several new areas to play on and new cars. Third, there is also a two player mode if you ever want to play with a friend

Rent or buy?
I say buy it if you're a Simpsons and/or Crazy Taxi fan, if you're mainly a Crazy Taxi fan then I suggest rent it. If you aren't sure about the game you should try renting it.

So in conclusion you don't have to be a big Simpsons fan to like the game or motivate you to try it, it's a fun game and if you watch the show even occasionaly you probably will still enjoy it.

Reviewer's Score: 8/10 | Originally Posted: 02/08/02, Updated 02/08/02