Review by jeffjsm7

"Wow...A Good Simpsons Game!!!"

The Simpsons: Road Rage was a surprise to me. I was expecting another horrible game like Simpsons skateboarding, or Simpsons Wrestling, but no. This game is worth my time.

Gameplay: 8/10 Well, once you start off, you have 4 modes to choose from. You have Road Rage, where you drive around, picking up well known Simpsons characters trying to raise money to stop Mr. Burns and his line of buses. This is very fun, but may get a little repetitive. There is also Sunday Drive, which is just driving around, picking up people with no time limit. If you have a friend, you could do head to head, which I had the most fun doing. I was a little disappointed that Gamecube didn't have a 4 player option, instead of 2. The one other mode is Mission Mode. This is where you get a mission, and you must complete it with a certain character. This was also fun, but went by a little to fast. There are tons of characters to choose from, who each have their own car. Each level is huge, but there a few levels to choose from.

So Mr. Burns just made a line of nuclear busses, and your goal is to drive around like a taxi and pick up people to raise money in order to stop him. Good concept, but I would have liked to see it go a little more in depth.

Graphics: 6/10 Nothing special here. It's your basic Simpsons game style graphics. The cut scenes in this game are very nicely done. It was good to actually see mouth movement. There are a few poor animations sometimes though. For example, the car may go right into a wall or a person. The characters look just like they do on the show.

Sound: 8/10 The audio is actually very well done. All the voice actors on the show provide their character's voices in this. Each character has their own set of funny lines, but sometimes, the phrases get repetitive. When you smash something, it actually sounds like your hitting something. You could go through glass, fall off a cliff, drive in water, run over people, and it all sounds good.

Value: 7/10 If you buy this game, you'll be overall satisfied. Even after your done beating road rage, and mission mode, head to head will keep you occupied for a while with your friend. Also, on holidays like Christmas, and Halloween, there will be a certain character dressed up for that holiday, and you could use them to drive around.

Rent or buy?: If your a fan of The Simpsons, buy this game. If you liked Crazy Taxi, buy this game. If your not a big fan of either, rent it, you still should find this game somewhat entertaining.

The Simspons: Road Rage is one of the most underrated games for the Nintendo Gamecube! Give this game a shot, you should be satisfied.

Reviewer's Score: 7/10 | Originally Posted: 08/12/04