Review by sknmak

"Resident Evil 4 is a must have title!"

Resident Evil 4! This Survival/Horror/Action title is really a must have if you own a GameCube! Resident Evil 4 basically changes and improves everything and anything that has to do with the RE series. But first; In Resident Evil 4, you play as Leon S. Kennedy in search of the President daughter, Ashley Graham. Leon, who is the same character from Resident Evil 2, must travel to Europe because someone was to have seen a girl who looks exactly like Ashley in a village. So Leon accepts the mission and investigates. Now don't get me wrong, this isn't a sequel to RE2, well maybe a little, but not really. Resident Evil 4 is one of the BEST LOOKING GAMES PERIOD(.) RE4 is very, very, very enjoyable and will keep you occupied for a long time. The game loads very fast too. The game is quite scary as well, it will keep you on the tip of your toes. Gone are the Zombies, you are now dealing with humans. Somewhat humans anyways.

The game feels and looks so realistic that it's kinda scary. The controls are basically the same, but are improved, a lot. There's a new mechanic added to the RE franchise for Resident Evil 4, but I won't spoil it for you. Gone are the crappy fixed camera angles, as you may have known by now, the camera stays directly behind Leon. But the good thing is that you can move the camera with the C-stick, whenever you choose. You can also move the camera when you are running, which is good when you want to look around a corner. RE 4 also introduces 100% brand new enemies and bosses. The enemies all look great! Each type of enemie(s) have their weaknesses and strong points. RE 4 has "the most exciting" boss battles I've ever seen in a Surivival/Horror game! The puzzles are easier than RE3, but they will make you think. Leon is smooth as silk in this game, and that's all I got to say about that. Oh yeah, the Item Boxes are gone as well. But not like Resident Evil 0, Leon uses an Attache Case, which is like an Item box except it has limit space and Leon can use it anytime he wants. The Attache Case can be increased in size when Leon "finds" it. Health is also located on the screen now. Another new thing to the game is Ptas. Ptas is money in the game. Leon can upgrade his weapons also! That way you will have the upper hand when fighting enemies. OH YEAH, there are no more stupid INK RIBBONS! Thank the heavens CAPCOM did away with these things. So you can save your game as many times as you like without the troublesome Ink Ribbons. At any given point in the game, you can LOAD data, or Retry. This is the first main Resident Evil game that actually has a Pause menu.

Back to Leon, Leon can kick ass now! He can kick the crap out of enemies to do more damage! The game has a new "Action" button where you hit a specific button to make Leon do a specifc move. Leon can also reload his weapons during gameplay now, instead of going in the status screen like other RE titles. Who said Nintendo didn't like violence and evil! This game feels so good and sounds so good, that you will say "I Know That Hurts". This game reinvents itself in so many ways, that it has to be one of the best Resident Evil games. The graphics are beautiful, and EVERYTHING is detailed! Capcom really out did theirselves with this wonderful game. BUY this game, trust me it's worth it. If you love the suspense and horror, try playing this game at home by youself.... I DARE YOU!
Resident Evil 4 receives a 10 out of 10!

*SKNMAK BREAKDOWN*
Graphics: 12/10 (no really.. a 10/10)
Resident Evil 4 graphics are superb! Bravo, Capcom! The GameCube really shows it's true colors now! Like I said above, everything in the game is detailed. Everything is beautiful, and nothing is left untouched. These graphics in this game will hold it's ground for a very, very long time. The lighting effects in the game are done beautifully as well. So are reflections. Blood really looks like blood this time around also. This game doesn't need progressive scan. The game is so beautiful, that every cut-scene in the game is running on the in-game engine! All of the enemies in the game looks great and realistic. You won't believe your eye's (o_o) (-_-) (o_o).

Controls: 10/10
The controls are basically the same as the other RE titles, but just more comfortable. New things have been added to the button layout. Now Leon can use his Knife whenever he needs to, on the fly! By pressing the L-Button, Leon can whip out his Knife and start to slice and dice! The "Action" button mechanic brings new and enjoyable excitement to the game also. Leon can Reload also (R-button+A button) on screen. The controls never make you hands tired, no matter how long you play the game (hours and hours, no pain). I must let you know, that unlike other Resident Evil games, there is only one control setting for the game. But you can change a few things on the controller, such as: the Knife button, Rumble function, and Invert Aiming. The default controls are comfortable, trust me. You do trust me don't you???????

This is gameplay at it's best on the Nintendo GameCube. Everything in the game looks real! I mean, everything. Most things will catch your eye because it looks so realistic. The game's engine runs smoothly. No matter what happens on screen, the game stays up to speed. RE 4 is one of the smoothest games I've ever played. There are plenty of objects that can be destroyed. Some objects that you destroy might contain helpful items. The enemies are great and wil give you a real challenge. Boss battles are exciting and they all look cool. There's nothing much to say, but a 10 out of 10! BEST GAMEPLAY!

Fun Factor: 10/10
Any Resident Evil fan or anyone new to the RE franchise will love this game. Leon looks amazing in this game! So does other characters who make appearances in Resident Evil 4. This game will scare you, make your heart run, and leave you breathless. RE 4 has it all! There are also unlockables waiting for you. The game is also challenging. Well the puzzles aren't as hard as you would expect from a Resident Evil game. As a matter of fact, Resident Evil 4 puzzles are as easy as Resident Evil 3! But some puzzles make you think. Capcom did an excellent job by putting action and horror together. Brilliant! Shinji Mikami (RE Creator/Director) really out did himself with this Resident Evil title. This game feels and looks so good, because Leon has so many weapons to choose from and Leon can upgrade his weapons! Fast paced and scary. Play this game at night for the best experience. It's really fun if you play with friends late at night. I hope this game will be as amazing on the PS2 as it is on the GameCube! GameCube shows it's true power with RE 4!!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 12/29/07

Game Release: Resident Evil 4 (US, 01/11/05)