Review by zack125

""Do you know that no one dies without a cause? You will satisfy the stomachs of my cute pets.""

INTRODUCTION
I must admit, this is not the kind of game I usually play. My preference of games are usually RPGs and adventure games. The only reason why I decided to pick this game up was because I once saw one of my friends play this. It seems OK from a spectator's point of view but I wanted to experience this game to the fullest before making any opinions it.

GAMEPLAY
If you're a follower of the Resident Evil franchise, then you might remember those fixed-camera angles. Resident Evil 4 doesn't have that anymore. Now, you see what Leon sees meaning you can shoot more accurately.

Your handgun is going to be your primary weapon, obviously. But you can also get different kind of guns and get upgrades for them. You can save your ammo by doing a kick while the enemy is stunned or cutting them while they're on the ground with your knife.

There's also Ashley who will join you later in the game, which adds to the gameplay since you're always trying to protect her. If you want her to hide, she will do so. If you want her to stay put, she will do so. However, making her stay put means she is more vulnerable to get kidnapped again. If the kidnapper gets away with her, then it's game over so I would advise trying to find her a hiding spot.

Unlike previous Resident Evil titles, you'll be able to save without limits and without the use of ink ribbons.

STORY
The story takes place six years after the events of Raccoon City. Leon S. Kennedy is charged in protecting the President's family. Shortly before Leon took his duties to protect the family, the President's daughter as been kidnapped by an unknown group of terrorist. This group is later revealed as the Los Illuminatos. Now, Leon as been dispatched to Europe, probably Spain, where this group as been sited, so Leon can rescue Ashley. While the story progresses, you'll encounter some new faces as long with older ones if you ever had a chance to play Resident Evil 2.

GRAPHICS
Other than Twilight Princess, I don't know how many games where the graphics for the GameCube are as realistic as Resident Evil 4.

REPLAYABILITY
I don't know how many times I've played through this game. On your first playthrough, you'll be playing for about 20+ hours if you take your time.

FINAL RECOMMENDATIONS
Resident Evil fans will get a kick out of this. If you're the one who loves action games, this is for the pick-up.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/15/08, Updated 12/22/09

Game Release: Resident Evil 4 (US, 01/11/05)