Review by AJM Ruler

"Is PERFECTION achieved at last?"

This is a review for Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube. Resident Evil 4 was announced in 2000 for the Playstation 2. Everyone was wildly happy, another GREAT game coming to the PS2. Nintendo got in on the deal and Resident Evil 4 was going to be a multi-console game. Then Nintendo pulled a fast one and made Resident Evil 4 EXCLUSIVE to the Gamecube. Other Exclusive Resident Evil games that made it to the Gamecube were a Remake of the original Resident Evil, and Resident Evil Zero. Ports of Resident Evil 2, 3, and CVX followed. It seemed all good for the Gamecube until Capcom pulled a fast one and now this game will be for the PS2. Though mad, Gamecube gets this game a FULL year before the PS2. Through my experiences with Resident Evil 4, I got to say, BEST CUBE GAME EVER....read on!

Graphics: (10) Just STUNNING is all I have to say. One of the most beautiful Gamecube games in 2005 and probably in it's lifetime. Leon in the game just looks SO realistic. His jacket at the beginning and other chances you get to see him, just makes this game awesome. Ashley, Luis and others make the game as realistic as possible. The enemies of the game look horrifically real and the main enemy of the game, the "Ganado" look so life-like. The environments featured in the game are in full 3D and not pre-rendered like past Resident Evil. At times the game can just look horrifically detailed, it scared me. Rain and thunder is the best I have seen in any game.

Sound: (10) Using the Dolby Pro Logic II, sound in the game brings this game to LIFE. In-game music suits this game perfectly and it will consume you into this game. As day time ends and darkness falls, rain starts to fall, and just w0w. Thunder and lightning can be heard to clearly. The voice-acting in the game is probably the best in any Resident Evil game. Leon has gotten more mature and a deeper voice in Resident Evil 4. Even Ashley whiny voice sounds good. The best voice-acting probably come from the Ganado. I take Spanish, and the Spanish is really well done and can be really scary if you actually understand what they say.

Game Play: (10) Forget everything you knew about the game play in past Resident Evils because this is TOTALLY different. Still a 3rd person shooter like past Resident Evils, but with some NEW twists. Instead of the usual auto-aim and always in the same place, you can now AIM and shoot any part of any enemy which adds some new realism. Say you shoot a Ganado in a foot, they will stagger and be stunned and then you can use the ALL mighty KICK and actually kick them with the A button, such new game mechanics make this game a MUST have. Later in the game, you will have to protect Ashley which adds some terror always worrying about her. Other such weapons in this game are grenades (A first) and the classic shotgun is also in the game.

Storyline (If any): (10) As with some Resident Evil games, returning characters are a must. Leon, from Resident Evil 2, returns to a true sequel to Resident Evil CVX. To tell you better, I will use the back of the box and it explains most of what the story is going to be about:
U.S. agent Leon Kennedy has been tasked to look into the abduction of the President's daughter and his investigation has led him to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he must find out what is behind the terror.

Summary: (10) This game is a contender for GAME OF THE YEAR for 2005. Easily I have to say. With such great game play mechanics and terrifying realism, this Mature rated title is a must for anyone who is above 15 should really get this game. My most anticipated title for the last 2 years, this game hasn't disappointed me at all. Maybe the wait for the game, but that is it.

Pros:
+Best graphics on the Gamecube to date
+Terrifying sound
+New Game Play features
+Voice-acting is nice
+Ganado = Livestock! Spanish!

Cons:
NONE!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/13/05