Review by Alucard517

"This is the way that Resident Evil should have been."

This game is the Resident Evil to blow the rest of the series away. If they were to finish the series with this game it would go down with a bang. This game picks up right after where Leon left at the end of Resident Evil 2. He was trained by the government for his new mission, given to him by the president himself. The presidents daughter has been captured by ninjas, are you a bad enough dude? You ask yourself, well maybe not by ninjas but Leon is a bad enough dude to take out his goal.

Graphics 10

These graphics are simply amazing. They get every detail they could when they made this game. Showing the rust on the bottom of a car: to the aging in a person's face, or the deterioration of the skin. The characters are probably the most noticeable. They have all the facial features for these characters, so you can tell when they are angry or just plain pissed off at you. The scenery is really something else to. You are in a village in the middle of nowhere in Europe. The houses and farms and other things around the village give you the feel that it is still a village with no technology at all. The villagers all have farmer outfits on and come swinging at you with pitchforks and hatchets. All of the good things that you would want are in here.

Game Play 10

The game play is probably everybody's favorite aspect of this game. They have added SO many new things to make this game the way that resident evil needs to be. The best thing I think is how they made the aiming. Instead of the old resident evils where you have up down left and right. This one you blow the laws of aiming away, you can aim anywhere you want. If you want to shoot them in the knee to slow them down a bit then go ahead, because you are free to shoot them anywhere you want. They added a nice reload factor in this game, instead of shooting till you run down then them reloading, or when you have free time go into the menu and reload. It takes the simple press of two buttons together and there you go fresh ammo for your gun. The boss battles in this game are less than perfect. You have more room to run around in and since the aiming helps you so much you have better ways to slow down the enemy to your advantage. Some of the battles in here are the best ones I have ever played in any game. One thing that really makes me happy with this game is the AI of the enemy. They come into wherever you may be non stop, and if you want to go into a building and hide go ahead. The enemies will follow right behind you and get into that place any way that they can. If you just close the door they will bust it open, if you barricade the door they will come through the window. I love it, the AI is perfect in this game, they will have strategies to bring you down, and so you actually have to think on how to get rid of a group of enemies in this game.

Story 10

The story in this game is one of the best in the series also. Other than what I mentioned before it really picks up when you advance through the game. There are so many plot twist that just keep you going “What the hell, I didn't expect that.” And the story and game play combined keep this game going on forever. Its perfect how when you think the game is over and then it just picks right back up and you get to go on with it. I won't spoil anything for you, I will just let you play and figure out the story for yourself.

Sound 10

The sound is perfect in this game with the Dolby Pro-logic II. If you have a good stereo with surround sound, then you are good to go with this game. The enemies will moan and groan behind you and with surround sound if your ears are good enough then you will be able to tell exactly where they are behind you. Whenever you piss off the villagers there is some ok little tune to let you know that they are all coming for you, it's kind of catchy after a while. If you remember the horrible beginning years of Resident Evil then you will remember the voice actors. If anything that would be the worst part of them. That is not the case in this game; they got perfect voice actors for this game. Their timing to respond to a character is perfect along with their emotions in their voice when something may happen to them. The guns and explosions are perfect to sound along with anything else in this game; everything sounds the way it should.

Graphics 10
Game Play 10
Story 10
Sound 10

Overall Ranking 10

This game is perfect for all of you Resident Evil fans out there. I think even if you are not big into the series you will still like this game. They mastered everything they way it should have been from the first game. This is the true RESIDENT EVIL.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/19/05