Review by PoopyMcPoopster

"Joseph Lieberman will have a heart attack."

If you have heard anything bad about this game, discount it immediately. The only bad thing that could be said about this game is the lack of multiplayer, but it more than makes up for that in the gameplay.

The graphics are stunning. The FMVs are some of the best. The in-game graphics are nothing to laugh at either. Very smoothe character animations and large stages. And the blood particles are second to none. The only thing that could use some work is the facial polygon count. It is good, just not great.

The sound is quite good for this game. It is very moody and puts you into the situations. The one thing that makes the sound stand out and get the 10/10 are the screams. When ever someone is running around with their arm chopped off, you can feel their pain through their screams.

Gameplay: 10/10 (should be 12/10)
The gameplay really makes this game stand out for me. It will definitely remind you of Devil May Cry, overhauled. Doing a jump, a spin forwards, then kicking them and using them to do a jump off. After that, while still in the air, you shoot them blowing off a limb. I'll give some examples:
I have on slow motion and the dismemberment code. I shoot a guy blowing off his legs. While he is still in the air, I cut off one arm, then kick of the other, and then use both blades to cut off his head. Or, I get up close and cut off one arm. He starts running away and I follow the trail of blood. Then, I begin to suck his neck, while his fellow Nazis shoot at me. Instead of hittin me, they hit him and blow off his head. Truly fun.

You are on a search to find and kill you dad (a vampire) who raped your mom. From all this pops the damphire, BloodRayne, with all the strengths yet no weaknesses of a normal vampire. The game begins with you being recruited by the Brimstome Society to hunt down and kill supernatural beings. You go from the swamps of Louisiana, to the coast of Argentina, and finall to the Nazi strongold, Germany. I just beat the game.

Replay Value: 10/10
This game may not have multiplayer or unlockables, but it it has a whole lot of codes to be discovered. Trying to find one that makes her nude (there might just be) or anything else. But, what will make you really come back for more is the pure gameplay. Cutting off people's limbs and what not. I had just finished it and I went back for more not an hour later.

A must-have for anyone that doesn't mind a little blood and gore.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 11/16/02, Updated 11/16/02