Review by VideoMaster

"Move Over Lara Croft...There's A New Girl In Town!"

Welcome to another review by me, Videomaster! Seeing as there weren't many reviews for this game, I decided to write one for it. I got Bloodrayne for Christmas. This is one of my favorites for the Gamecube so far too. This is a pretty good game if you like the horroraction genre. And even more so if you like the vampire stuff. I, for one, do. And having a hot looking girl in skin tight clothes with the ability to suck on your neck was even greater. *Starts drooling* Ahem.....anyway. On to the review.

BEGIN REVIEW
------------------------------------------------------------

Storyline: You play a young woman that is half human and half vampire. (That means that you have the power of a vampire without the weaknesses) You're soon recruited by a group of people known as the Brimstone who are like you. As the game begins, you have to stop the plague in a Lousiana village from spreading. 5 years after that, you have to stop this Nazi group specializing in the occult. You're job is to wipe out all the officers and then the leader.

GameplayControls: The controls aren't too difficult to learn. Not the easiest maybe, but, not that hard either. The manual will tell you everything you need to know.

Graphics: The graphics are one of the best I have seen for the Gamecube. The only thing I think could have been improved on is the faces of the people. Other than that, everything seemed perfect. When you chop up people, you can see their limbs and blood go everywhere, adding to the realism of the game.

Difficulty: Note that this game is intended for mature audiences. If you expect this game to be very easy, you have a surprise coming for you. While very possible to beat the game, chances are you'll lose at least one life in the game.

SoundsMusic: The music adds to the creepiness of the game. The sounds fit perfectly. The voice acting is good too. Germans sound like Germans, for example. When you chop off people's limbs, they start screaming. When you suck a person's neck, they start screaming for help and you can even hear the actual sucking.

Rent or Buy: Well, if you know me, I always say renting is a good idea for ANY game, unless you're certain you'll like it and want to go on and buy it. (In this case, I went ahead and made it my own).

END REVIEW
------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's that. I hope you found this review helpful in deciding whether or not you'd like to buy it. This is a pretty enjoyable game, if you don't scare easily that is.

That's it from me for now. Until my next review, maybe we'll meet on a message board somewhere. I felt that there wasn't anything wrong with this game from what I saw, so I felt it deserved a 10.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 01/05/03, Updated 01/05/03