Review by wilbur0960

"Yet another good Pac-Man game."

That cute little yellow ball of, well, whatever he's made of is back for another adventure. This is the best one so far in my opinion.

Story:9/10

The story is very creative. The Pac-Ghosts have once again returned to terrorize Pac-Man. This time they have stolen the golden fruit. The purpose of the golden fruit is to seal an evil monster under the tree. When the ghost take it, the monster is unleashed.

Graphics:9/10

Pac-Man looks very good considering the fact that he is 3-D! When he is hit his facial expression changes( he doesn't just keep smiling). After you squish an enemy you will see a little pile of green goo where they last stood. It almost looks like a movie when you are playing this game because the graphics are so fluid.

Gameplay:9/10

Nothing to different from any other platformers. In, each level you can try to collect all of the types of fruit, eat all of the pac-dots, collect all of the tokens, or just simply rush through the level. The tokens are used in the arcade. Once you unlock a certain amount of tokens you are able to play old and even some new Pac-Man games. The levels look awesome. There 3-D layout is also very creative. There are around 20 new types of enemies in this game such as the Pac-Bear, Rev-Roll Ram, and the Pac-Asites.

Control:8/10

Pac-Man has got some new moves! The Shimmy and the Flip Kick. You can also explore worlds in the Pac-Sub. A new feature that I really like is that Pac-Man can ice-skate. The only reason I don't give this category a 10 is because of the camera. It can get in the way of trees sometimes and put you in a bad situation.

Sound:10/10

Each level has it's own music and they do not get repetitive. Everything about the sound of this game is detailed. For example, when Pac-Man eats a power pellet it makes this very cool sound.

Replay:8/10

Not as good as I hoped it would be, but still pretty good. It will probably take you some time to collect all the fruit and tokens on every level. I have spent a lot of time playing the old Pac-man games in the arcade.

Buy/Rent:Buy

A very fun game. If you are a fan of Pac-Man or any other platformer, you should definitely check this game out.

Overall:9/10

A fun Pac-Man game with some awesome new features. In my opinion, it is a must-have for the Gamecube.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 07/27/04