Review by jaredt13

"Go Baby, GO!"

Intro:
This sweet street racing game is pure fun! The graphics are really great! The gameplay is perfect! The sound effects, and music are sweet! Let's start with Graphics, shall we?

They're awesome! The playable cars look great, and so does the traffic. Everything looks so real. The tracks are beautifully done. The scenery around the tracks are great, too. The crashes look real, when it shows a replay of your crash. It's hard to describe these great graphics without using these simple descriptions...So, I'll move on to Gameplay.

The gameplay is near perfect. They could've added something, but the game is great without it. You get a good choice of cars, but they aren't licensed to make real models of real-life cars. Everything controls perfectly(That usually helps when playing a racing game). The wide variety of tournaments in the game are very fun, but can be very hard. The face-off challenges to unlock cars are extremely fun, too. You get to choose from one of the largest choice of tracks for Gamecube racing games. There aren't many secrets in the game, but if you have a friend who is good at the game, you'll keep picking this game off the shelf to play. Plus, you'll have so much fun trying to break the computer records in the game. From the fastest lap time, to the most insurance damage. There isn't much else to describe so... On to the controls.

Controls: 9/10
The controls are great! Everything is extremely responsive, and the buttons are placed great for a racing game. Everything is pretty basic. A = Accelerate, B = Brake. Simple, no? But you still get nitro from some things. I find this game to have used the best of controls for racing games. Forward march, to the Difficulty!

Difficulty: 8/10
The game gets very difficult in later tournaments. But not too difficult, to the point where you break the controller :). When playing single race(one or two player), you can change the difficulty. The computer racers are still pretty hard on Easy, so practice before moving on. If you want a real challenge, use one of the secret cars(You'll know which one when you get it). Hmmm. This doesn't have much more to describe, so... Sound effects/Music is next.

(Mini category)Sound effects: 5/5
Everything sounds great! From the roar of the engine, to the sound of glass-shattering during a crash. It all sounds so real! These aren't the kind of sound effects that annoy you(unless you crash 20 times a race ^_^). I hope you enjoy these sound effects, that the creators tried to make perfectly real.
(Mini category)Music: 4/5
The music is great too(When it's not drowned out by the sound of nitro, and crashes -_-)! Sometimes the music can be hard to hear, but it's still really good. It's not repetitive like most games. The music fits the game perfectly. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Now, for the Buy/Rent area.

Buy/Rent: Both
If you have a friend who likes racing games like this, this is definitely a BUY. You'll have fun breaking each others' records.
If you don't know anyone who will play with you, I'd rent it to see if you'll like playing one-player races. You'll still have fun with this game.
I hope you enjoyed this review, and you enjoy Burnout.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 09/05/02, Updated 09/06/02