Review by Nightmare Inc

"I love this game!!! But I have to give it a low score because I hate fighting games..."

I'm going to start this off by saying, I HATE FIGHTING GAMES!! Don't ask me why I tried this, I guess I always just liked the Mortal Kombat series, fighting game or not.

Game Play (9/10)
There is alot to choose from with this game, you can verse a friend, do a classic arcade game, or do a journey/practice mode that takes you through the trials and tribulations of Mortal Kombat to help you over come your odds. If you are a fighting game fan you will be at home with this game. But if you are not, like me, you will end up getting so frustrated with these combos and almost impossible moves to pull off that youll want to throw your controler across the room!!

Sound (10/10)
Every reaction, enviorment, and blood spilling move has its own distinct sound, and the classic karate music adds to your surroundings.

Control (3/10)
Don't know if this is just me, but I looked up moves and finishers for this game, and I can swear im punching in the right buttons, and i'm still not pulling off the move. And to beat some of these opponents it seems like you have to learn some of the most devastating, thumb blistering moves out there, and if you are not that well with extremely quick button smashing controls it seems almost impossible, and thats just where the game gets plane frustrating.

Graphics (10/10)
The graphics are absolutely amazing, some of the best the PS2, GC, and XBox has to offer, every single enviormental aspect, and level design looks absolutely amazing, and the character detail is mind blowing, I cannot find any flaws with the graphics, every move intertwines with your opponent without meshing your body parts into theirs like in other fighting games. I can just not say enough that these graphics are fantastic!

Replay Value (9/10)
This is deffinetely a game that will keep you going. There are over 600 unlockables, so if you are a fighting fan you will not be putting your controler down for awhile. It can be fun also just playing the arcade version over, and over, and over. This game has alot to offer, and will have you busy till your next fighting title comes out.

NOTE: from the scores that I gave this you would have thought I would have given it a higher rating, but I just do not have the patience to deal with fighting games. They frustrate me too easily. Especially one that has this much to offer. If you get frustrated easily at fighting games, like me, then I suggest just staying away from this title. But if you are a button smashing, fighting game freak, this title wont dissapoint.

Reviewer's Score: 5/10 | Originally Posted: 01/03/03, Updated 01/03/03