Review by arwing34

"The world’s one (and only) limbless hero is back in action!"

Ah, Rayman. It’s probably one of the best series in my opinion, but out of all of them, one game stands out: Rayman 3, Hoodlum Havoc.

STORY: 8/10

It starts with a little story: One day, a red lum seemed to find a strange power that wat too evil to control, the lum turned into a dark lum, and now the leader, Andre, has been swallowed up by none other than…Globox. Now, Dark lums have clothed themselves to become the Hoodlums.

GAMEPLAY: 9/10

This is where the real game is. The gameplay is so smooth and is incredibly fun. To start out, levels are HUGE. It’s divided into little sections, to break it up. Also, there is lots of interaction. To start out, Rayman’s got all his old powers, but also discovers some more useful power ups. There are no golden fists in this, but there are 4 different things. First, is the cyclone fist. For those of you who just like a strait super-strength match, there’s the metal hands. Next is the lockjaw, which is MY personal favorite which can prove as a grappling hook and as a shocker. Next, is the Shock rocket, which is a seeking missile.

CONTROLS: 9/10

These controls are so smooth. They’ll please just about anybody. They are simple and easy to get used to. Not much else can be said here.

GRAPHICS: 10/10

All those crazy and wacky landscapes from the previous Rayman games really show in this one. Wood actually looks like wood!! There are all these little details that you can easily find that just makes everything 20 times better. When you unleash your amazing fists of fury, they can do all these cool things, like curve and also look like real hands. Also, with say, the lockjaw, you can see each individual link that makes up the chain. With the metal fists, the metal on them shines like it was just polished or something. I don’t think I need to go through each of the specials, but just 1 more is the cyclone. It will wow you. It looks like a small tornado, with the eye and all. It also appears as though it is spinning really fast.

SOUND: 8/10

This is one of the coolest things. Everything has a different sound, like the power-ups, or when you whack something. Although it can sometimes be quiet it is actually supposed to be that way, or at least, I think so.

MUSIC: 6/10

This is my one disappointment. I really would appreciate it if the music was just a little bit louder. There isn’t much to hear

Rent or Buy?

Well, if you are a die-hard Rayman fan, I would get this. For others who like Platform/Adventure games, This is PERFECT for you. I would definitely buy this game.

This game boasts some wonderful adventuring. There really aren’t any words in the English language that can really describe how good it is.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 06/07/03, Updated 06/07/03