Review by the big kahuna

"One of the Greatest Platforms???"

When I first saw this game, I was quite a bit worried. I loved the first and second Rayman dearly. Even my girlfriend beat the second one. The preview for this one made me thank that the game had taken a dark twist. Now I like dark games,Silent Hill 2 being in my top 5 of favorite games ever, but Rayman just didn't seem to fit it. Boy was I ever wrong. Not only did it not end up being to dark, it ended up being one of the most enjoyable video game experience I had.

Graphics-10:The graphics are nothing short of amazing. From the very first moment, the graphics should astound you. The lighting effects, detail, and facial animations are beautiful. The added extras are something to blow your mind, truly eye candy.

Music-9 The music in this game fit it perfectly, from fast paced boss music to cheesy pop-like music. The beginning intro song fit the intro perfectly, and from then on continues to impress.

Sound-10 The sound in this game is incredible. What do you expect with a game that has John Leguizamo? The voice acting is great and often very witty, especially Globox and the Dark Lum Lord. The rest of the sound effects work very effectively.

Story-10In my opinion, story has always been a strong point for Rayman. The story in this game is just as good as it's predecessors. Globox (voiced by Leguizamo) swallows the Dark Lum Lord. Adventures in sue. The dialogue is well written, and the story flows seamlessly.

Gameplay-10 Like a hummer from an angel. Everything is so effortless. The controls are incredibly responsive, laid out perfectly, and insanely easy to get. I don't think anyone will have troubles getting the controls down, unless the are armless and play with their toes. The puzzles are a good difficulty, ranging from a no brainer to looking around and screaming at the television screen. Always a plus.

Replayability-10 With a whole lot of mini-games, a couple hilarious animations, and more to unlock, you will be playing for quite a bit. Many stages are going to be played more than once, since I doubt anyone, and I mean anyone will get 100% on there first try on all stages.

All in all, I would say this is one, if not the, greatest platformers out.

Rent or Buy:If you enjoy platformers, it would be blasphemous not to get it.

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 07/04/03, Updated 07/04/03