Review by Urb C 2

"One of the best platformers on the Gamecube"

Graphics
Ok, graphically, the game is nothing special, some of the cut scenes are pretty good, but other than that, its pretty much average Nintendo Gamecube graphics. Rayman himself looks good, and most of the enemies and allies, but its when you get to the backgrounds, scenery, etc. when you see that the game could have been visually better. This is probably what holds back the game from being one of the top games on the Nintendo Gamecube.
The score I give for the graphics is an average 6

Story
Now I don't want to give away anything about the story, but I say its pretty cool, and for a young child it would be even better. As this game is aimed at young children, thats exactly what type of story you will get, one for a child. Some parts do have adult stuff, but they are hidden well, and said in a way that no kid would really think twice about.
The score I give for the story is a solid 7

Sound
The sound is pretty good, nice songs and BMG, they do have a licenced track on it also. The best part of the sound is the characters talking, Rayman talks fully throughout all the cut scenes, and sometimes during actual gameplay. He interacts with his allies also. The enemies have there own voices, but its rarely a sentence or word, normaly just a grunt or moan. This is probably the best part of the game, it really gives you a feel of interaction, and instead of having text boxes, its nice to not have to read at every cut scene!
The score I give for the sound is a very good 9

Gameplay
Its like your basic platformer, nice and easy controls, which makes this a very good 'pick up and play' game. It will only take you, at most, half an hour to master the controls, after that its just perfecting it! It is great that there isn't just one way to kill enemies, in fact nearly every enemy has to be killed in a differen't way, which makes this game even more fun as it takes time to try to figure it out. Obviously for the older gamers, finding out the ways won't take half as long, but for younger people, they will be there for longer.
The score I give for the gameplay is a good 8

Longativity
If you are going through the game a second time, and know everything about it, not collecting stuff, just doing the basic story this will take around 5 hours to complete. For the older and average gamer, this will take about 10-15 hours to complete, where as for a young gamer they will be on it for days. There is also an incentive to go through it again, you get a code at the end, which you can put onto this site, and rank yourself up against other people, this is where the older gamer may have more fun than the younger gamer. Also you unlock little mini games, which you may have to go through the story mode twice or three times before you get them, I don't want to give away what they are, but most of them are pretty fun! Altogether, I say you will be on this game for weeks before you start getting board, of couse this depending on how old you are.
The score I give for the longativity is very good 9

Overall
Overall I say that this game is the best platformer on the Nintendo Gamecube, full of humor and unlockables that will keep you glued to it for weeks. The only bad point about it, is the 'kiddieness' of it, yes there are some adult referances in it, but overall, younger people are going to have more fun with it. Not to say that older people won't, because I enjoyed it alot, and I'm sure fans of platform games would enjoy it to. If you don't want to spend your money buying it, then rent it, the better gamer will complete it in a few days.
The score I give for Overall is a good 8