"Game Cube owners get their hands on a real shooter!"

Nintendo hasn't had any real good shooters. Turok was good but I still haven't finished it and it is getting repetitive and amazingly hard. Agent Under Fire was too easy and it's multiplayer didn't have very many options. Now TimeSplitters 2 comes out and is being talked about like it could be Game of the Year (plus it is on every system unlike a certain game *cough* Grand Theft Auto *cough*). I wondered three things: 1. Will it fullfill my needs of a game with good difficulty. 2. Will I get a good multiplayer. 3. Does it live up to the hype. The answer to all is absolutely yes!

Graphics: 9.5 / 10.0
Very well done. Everything is crisp and clear and easy to see. The character models are amazing (unlike Turok where in game story mode characters and multiplayer characters looked like N64 characters running around in a beautiful GameCube world). The backgrounds are mindblowing with amazing amounts of detail. A lot of work went into these graphics.

Sound: 9.5 / 10.0
While not Halo good it gets the job done. The sound goes well with everything and never gets dull or annoying. The only minor thing is the guns don't sound enough like what they are. The sound is very solid and good for a shooter.

Control: 10.0 / 10.0
It doesn't get any better than this. The one thing that always bothered me about Halo was control. It was too complex for a shooter at some points and later on in the game was very evident. TimeSplitters 2 without a doubt has the best controls for a shooting game ever. They are simple and the most accessible controls since Perfect Dark (I would mention Agent Under Fire but switching between guns and gadgets was too hard for a shooter game). It really lets you have a freedom with the type of shooter you want to be. In multiplayer my friends and I all got to cater to our shooting types. I'm a big sniper so I got to be a sniper. My friend is a heavy arms type so he got to be a heavy arms type, etc. It was so good for once to see balance in a multiplayer like this. I was getting just as many kills sniping as my friend was going right up to people and blowing them away. It is simply amazing on story mode too. Best controls since Perfect Dark.

Story: 9.5 / 10.0
Actually good for a shooter. Turok lost it's story after the third or fourth mission. Agent Under fire was ok but could have been much better. This one is solid but not perfect. It is basically about Crystals being spread over time and your fighter having to go after them. The way they deal with it is cool, and I won't say anymore. Overall it is solid.

Life-Span: 10.0 / 10.0
This is one of those games that can rule your life with multiplayer. The story mode is good and long and not just something you'll waltz through but the real duration lies within multiplayer. It has so many options and is so fun, it is something that has to be experienced. It could take years before you quit playing this game.

Overall: 10.0 / 10.0
If you don't have this game in your GameCube collection then you are crazy. It is easily accessible to almost anyone and it is a blast to play. Hurry before Time runs out!

Reviewer's Score: 10/10 | Originally Posted: 10/20/02, Updated 10/20/02