Review by Ricky2k5

"Don't waste your time sitting there, split to the store!"

To start off this review let me say this, I am not a fan of the genre of first person shooters but this game did it for me. When Goldeneye was on the 64 my friends would destroy me game after game and the same went in Halo but I have finally found a shooter that I can best them in. For me to dislike a genre of games and then have one game change my mind is truly great and shows how much work went into this game. Enjoy the review of this first great multi-platform FPS in the next-generation consoles.

Story- 5/10
There isn't a whole lot to the story except your a group of people who go back and forth through time to recover the time crystals.

Graphics- 9/10
Awesome graphics in my eyes. The first level has great visuals that include a frozen river and a giant dam in Siberia, beautifully done.

Sound- 6/10
Bullet whizzes past your ear, screaming, another bullet whizzes past your ear, rapid fire from your gun. That's all there is to it really, no really great music or anything.

Controls/Gameplay: 9/10
The controls are all fairly easy once you get used to them except for the snap back action of the targeting system, but we learn to cope with these things. The gameplay is wonderful, it is truly great to be able to pick what you want to do and not have to go completely linear. Its really fun to explore the different aspects of this game!

Difficulty- 9/10
It has different difficulty levels for those of us who want to chill and play or those of us who want some hardcore difficulty.

Replay Value- 10/10
A great amount of replay value. There are tons of things to do in this game once your tired of playing story mode. You can go into a deathmatch with the ''lovely ladies'' of Timesplitters 2 or ''Behead the Undead'' in an all out frenzy of zombies that can only die by decapitation. The arcade parts of this game truly make it, not the story mode.

This game has an aura about it that will keep you captivated and drooling in front of the t.v. screen for hours. This game is worth your time so you should split to the store right now!

Buy or Rent:
I'd say its a buy if you love multi player FPS but if you only want to play through the story mode its a rent.

Reviewer's Score: 9/10 | Originally Posted: 10/21/02, Updated 10/21/02